The Paleo Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Paleo Diet

Tara, I have been reading an article about a Doctor who has MS. She has been on the Paleo (cave man) diet, in 3 weeks she saw improvement. In 6 months she was out of her wheelchair. She customized her supplements to accompany this diet. Have you heard, or do you have any experience using this diet? Just wondering what your take is on this diet. Thanks.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

I'm not Tara, but it sounds like you're talking about the Terry Wahls diet. If you'll do a search of this forum, you'll find other threads about Dr. Wahls &/or the Paleo Diet and some comments by Tara.

Comment

Paleo Diet

Yes Sequoia. That's exactly who I'm talking about. I will follow up on your reply. THank you so much.
      Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

The "nutritional plan" I have been using in my practice for 22 years is called "the cave person diet".

Now my plan isn't a complete paleo diet but my basic premise for the past 2 decades has been:

#1. we have the same digestive physiology from millions of years ago.
        #2. eat nothing with a label

Foods have changed-but we humans can only digest real/whole food. vegetables, fruits, fats, protein.

The best place to start is to eliminate gluten from your diet.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Paleo diet plan is very old and it is being followed by many around the world. Now how has it affected them is a matter of thought.

Comment

#2 is important. I was looking at a paleo diet website the other day where someone was asking for a good substitute for tortilla chips and someone said they eat pork rinds and salsa.

From my understanding, Paleo isn't Atkins and is not a reason to eat lots of meat and fat.

Comment

Working...
            X