First Dose Observation Consultation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first dose

Went well! Yay! Brought my heart rate down a bit. But in my case, it was a good thing. Hoping it doesn't get higher. I don't even know I am on med! It's great!

Cardiologist wants to see me in a month for the rapid heart beat. Going off Cymbalta to see if that helps the h.r. (wish me luck with the withdrawls of Cymbalta!).

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Rebif since June 20, 2007
    A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.--Phyllis Diller

Comment

Good luck on G, and good luck getting off Cymbalta.
      The first few days can be a little rocky, but it won't last...

Comment

I took Gilenya for about 3 mos, but my insurance policy changed when I went on disability. During the month that it took for the change, I didn't have the prescription, nor did I have the $5000.00 for that month. In a way I'm glad this happened because I now know how Gilenya is helping. During the three months, my gait improved as did my energy level. During the month that I was off the drug, I felt like crap. I've been back on for about three days. I'm so glad my neuro didn't have me go through the tests again. The only thing that I've noticed is that I seem to have more spasticity, but otherwise I love Gilenya. I'm so glad that I no longer have the shots and that it seems to be a good fit for me. I hope you have the same experience. Don't overthink, just hope for the best results.
        Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

1year ago may I started g and yes my cardio made me come in before he would start me on the drug

Comment

Originally posted by Chelzer View Post
            Has anyone had a consultation before the first dose observation? This cardiologist requires it. In a way I am thankful but part of me is wondering if it is to scare me out of taking it. My consultation is on April 30 and my first dose will be May 3.

(some parts deleted for length)

My neuro said that since I am young enough with no heart problems, I can skip the EKG. I decided to have one anyway to be safe. The dr asked me, "Why is your heart beating so fast?" I have no idea why. So we are doing research and I have bought a heart rate monitor to be safe.

responding.
            I (as I typically do, so I am not "swayed" by anyone elses answers) have not read anything but your first post.

Chelzer,
            How are you doing NOW? I hope that all is going well.

To explain for those starting Gilenya this is the reasoning (as I understand it-being a retired/disabled cardiac nurse) behind a "PRE-dose" EKG (I am starting the drug soon, & you can be DARN SURE I am making CERTAIN they do an EKG on me):
            The EKG is to look for a certain "electrical issue",in the heart that could lead to significant slowing of the heart rated. EKG is to look for, what is called "A/V block". Essentially, it is a block in the electrical "wiring" of the heart, specifically the "electrical" upper & lower parts of the heart. If one has a block, it is possible that their heart rate could become low.

I am not giving out any more info, because I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE anyone, wanting more info, to talk to their Neuro.
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
            X