• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be MS?

My symptoms for the past month:

-Blurrier vision than normal
    -Extremely tired all the time
    -Tingling and numbness of the legs, feet and hands (sometimes arms & face)
    -Toes tingle so bad they hurt in warm water

I feel like I'm going insane. I went to the doc, they checked my blood, and everything was fine! X-rayed my lower back and said I had a lumbar sprain (but I didn't even feel pain there...) and even if, that wouldn't explain the numbness/tingling in my arms, hands and sometimes face. The doc in the ER referred me to a neurologist, but I can't even make an appointment until tomorrow. Can someone give me a little insight? I'm TERRIFIED of MS!

Also, I had a CT scan done on my brain and they found nothing. I don't really believe it's Sciatica either because its in both legs and arms/hands. My butt cheeks did hurt for a while though. Although there is a lot of tingling and numbness, I have almost no pain at all.

If it is ms, then it is what it is. No reason to be terrified. That's just the way it is, and you will deal with it.

See a neurologist. The neuro will probably order MRIs, more blood work, and other various tests. X-rays and CT scans won't tell you anything if it is ms.

Comment

Your best bet would be to see a neurologist to discuss your symptoms.

A CT scan is not useful when trying to find a diagnosis of MS..
      You'd need an MRI WITH contrast.

Regardless of anything you read on the internet (including on a message board), you need a qualified doctor to get to a diagnosis.

Good luck!
      “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Clearly *something* is going on, but it could be any number of things. There are no symptoms that are exclusive to MS, and there are a host of issues with similar symptoms, so really the only way to know is to see the neurologist and go from there.

Comment

Working...
        X