Parallel bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parallel bars

Got my own set of parallel bars. They are 7' long and can be folded back up to the wall they are mounted on, but I try to use them daily so don't fold them up. Took me a month to find a set and cost $200 just to have them installed but worth it. I really can't walk, only with the bars. Just do a couple back and forths, farting all the way. My bowels seem to like the excerise. I try to let my legs do all the work and not my arms. Turning around is hard, but sometimes my ankles "crack" and it feels good. Seldom hear that "crack" anymore. Anyone else got parallel bars?

Niceeee...where'd you get them? I'd love to have these!! I miss my ballet work-out.
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

That's nice to hear. Have you been trained to use them (have you been to physical therapy)? I would suggest getting a therapist in the home to assess your abilities and make some suggestions as needed. It would also be a good idea to be supervised if possible until you know your limits and used to them.

One suggestion I have to help turning around is to leave a walker or back of chair on each end so you have something sturdy to hold when turning for balance.

For improved digestion, walking / exercise helps tremendously so don't be alarmed by passing gas or increased bowel movements. It's a good thing!
      Be Well,
      Susan

Comment

Parallel Bars

Jazzgirl - these are double bars for physical therapy - learning to walk after an injury or trying to stay walking! It is not a ballet barre mounted on a wall with a mirror behind it

Comment

I know that, anneth. They're just like the ones in a PT gym. I don't walk at all anymore, but I could still use them for exercise.
          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Jazzgirl - look at occupational therapy with susan dorne and muscle tone thread

Comment

Taken from previous message
              "look at occupational therapy with susan dorne and muscle tone thread"

Are there any questions I can help with?
              Be Well,
              Susan

Comment

Susan - Jazzgirl asked about why and where I got my parallel bars. Since I only type lefthanded I didn't want to repeat everything twice so told jazzgirl to look at your site.
                Hey. a real live one-on-one! Sure better than facebook.

Comment

That was a great suggestion, thank you
                  Be Well,
                  Susan

Comment

Working...
                  X