Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else feel as irritable as me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody else feel as irritable as me?

I am always annoyed. I was diagnosed July 2010, so this is not news, but yet lately I have been more moody than normal.. I can't stand anybody and I am sick and tired of being asked why am I mad?, what is wrong with you? really? what the hell is wrong with me?... hmm well let's see I have MS!!!!.... I have read so much on everything MS, I am trying to get my family to read as well, but of course they don't have the time. I want them to understand that maybe I am so *****y because there might be some darn lesions that are causing chemical imbalances. I can't stand loud noises, I can't stand people talking too loud or too much, sometimes I can't even stand myself.. and all I want is some darn compassion from those that "love me". Thanks for letting me vent..

Prozac

Comment

Sometimes...

and sometimes I am tearful; and sometimes I an okay; and sometimes I am GREAT!

I really liked the 1 word post, "Prozac," b/c I wouldn't have those good days were it not for taking an SSNRI.
      IDK if you're taking anything for your mood- I would strongly encourage you to consider doing so if you are not-- if you are already, speak w/your prescriber about adjusting it or trying something else.

You don't have to feel this way all of the time sweetie. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Please seek some Rx intervention and someone to talk with. I know from which I speak. Please keep me posted.

Shalom,
      Suzanne
      You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope you will get some compassion from your family - it is important that they understand some of what you are going through..

The MS Society has a great booklet for family - perhaps you can get a copy or two and hand them out and ask for them to read and help you in whatever way they can.
        Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

I do but I figure that it's just my character and not MS

Although I do find that just before I have an attack, I get more irritable and impatient, probably due to the inflammatory cytokines.
          Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
          UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I feel your pain. I'm a total witch all the time now. Always angry! I live in Tracy, ca. Nice to see someone local. Who's your doc?

Comment

Originally posted by arflwr25 View Post
              I am always annoyed. I was diagnosed July 2010, so this is not news, but yet lately I have been more moody than normal.. I can't stand anybody and I am sick and tired of being asked why am I mad?, what is wrong with you? really? what the hell is wrong with me?... hmm well let's see I have MS!!!!.... I have read so much on everything MS, I am trying to get my family to read as well, but of course they don't have the time. I want them to understand that maybe I am so *****y because there might be some darn lesions that are causing chemical imbalances. I can't stand loud noises, I can't stand people talking too loud or too much, sometimes I can't even stand myself.. and all I want is some darn compassion from those that "love me". Thanks for letting me vent..
              I am very irritable. I have a progressive form of the disease that is with me 24/7 and makes every single thing I do a big effort. That gets pretty darn frustrating.

I also think that irratability is a symptom of the MS, as you point out. My anger,irritability is not directed at people so much as my body parts and frustration over the exertion I have to put forth. I do not like loud talk or too much talk and will be direct when I have reached my "limit".

I tell those around me not to take it personally but it is part of the disease. A person with Progressive MS is going to get mad and irritable sometimes...you cannot expect them not to. I try to get my family to read more and know
              better why I am the way I am but they will do it when their ready I guess.

Comment

yes

it was interesting to read nanobaby's comment that she gets more irritable before episodes.
                My partner has linked my snippy/*****yness to my m.s. but I was hesitant to make that connection.
                I've dealt with my m.s. mostly by putting my head down and pushing through whatever comes along on my own, as best I can. This has kept me from learning simple things that can help me cope and help me understand what's happening to me. I need to reach out more and ask questions.

Is there really a physiological connection to irritability?
                Compassion, forgiveness, these are the real ultimate sources of power for peace and success in life.
                Dalai Lama

Comment

Maybe this will help

You may find it helpful to check out: about.com.multiplesclerosis. The info is presented by Julia Stachowiak, Ph.D (who just happens to have ms). She presents studdies, and the lastest literature/info on Rx,etc; all of which are reviewd by the Medical Review Board.

Type in stress and MS Relapses and you can read about a study done in Australia (2006). Just 1 example, but a place to begin.

In my opinion, you are the only one who knows what stress does to YOU; as you are the expert when it comes to how the disease impacts your body/your life. I hope that you find this helpful. Be Well. Love and Light...
                  Shalom, Suzanne
                  You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Irritability

YES!!!!

I am having one of those "irritability" moods today.....

I am feeling really angry at a lot of things....

I want to make a big change in my life..... I feel like everything's closing in on me.....

I know this is the MS...... Nothing vey different has happened. I had a bit of an annoying morning, but it didn't warrant this extreme reaction.....

Comment

Originally posted by bethr View Post
                      YES!!!!

I am having one of those "irritability" moods today.....

I am feeling really angry at a lot of things....

I want to make a big change in my life..... I feel like everything's closing in on me.....

I know this is the MS...... Nothing vey different has happened. I had a bit of an annoying morning, but it didn't warrant this extreme reaction.....
                      Hi bethr

Sorry you're feeling so bad. Most of us can relate with irritable and angry, and it sure doesn't feel good!

Hopefully this will pass quickly, and you feel much better soon.

Wishing you a peaceful night and a better looking tomorrow.

Take Care
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                      X