Weighted Bracelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighted Bracelets

Hi, I am looking for some information on weighted (5 ounce) bracelets to help alleviate cramping and tiredness in hands when writing? I was told they might also help strenghten my grip to help with dropping things. My PA recommended but gave no direction on where/how to find them. Wondering if it they are a myth or if they really work. And where to get them.

Hi... Weighted bracelets are weights that are in rings that slide on the wrist.
    However, for hands that get tired and cramp, I wouldn't recommend weights during tasks (such as writing)

I would suggest stretching and massaging the hands. Make sure you are gently stretching each finger, section by section, to the end range as tolerated. Warmth helps relieve cramps, squeeze a sponge in warm water. Massage helps to reduce stiffness and any swelling if there is any (can be from water retention) .

Hand strengthening is good. You can use items such as tennis balls, stress balls, and grippers. Strengthen the forearm holding light weights, moving the wrist up and down with your elbow supported. (when you move the wrist, move up to resting position, then down to resting position.)

Lastly, be sure to rest the hand to limit and avoid fatigue.
    Take breaks when using them a lot - writing, cooking, typing etc
    I hope these suggestions help
    Be Well,
    Susan

Comment

Thank you Susan, I appreciate your feedback! Janet

Comment

You're welcome
        Be Well,
        Susan

Comment

Working...