any symptoms you enjoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie but goodie View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same, Cougar Mama! Lhermitte's is pretty funny. Like a massive electric shock from my neck to my toes. The word replacement is also a riot. I never seem to choose a semi-normal word to use incorrectly. It's always the most off the wall, non-sensical replacement.
    Take THAT autocorrect!
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

After Diplopia Twice and Optic Neuritis thrice, in the right eye, I have Super Night Vision!

It's like someone jacked up the Contrast and Brightness, but turned the colour saturation way down, so that eye really only helps with Depth Perception during the day... But once the lights are out I become See In The Dark Man! Or some other, much cooler, nickname
      I'm an Artist.. Your rules don't apply

Comment

I actually enjoy the tremors. Gets me out of cutting my dh hair He sees me coming at him with a pair of scissors and he's like "Thats ok honey, I'll go to the barber".

No longer have to cut hubby's hair: priceless

Comment

Originally posted by pjsSissy70 View Post
          I actually enjoy the tremors. Gets me out of cutting my dh hair He sees me coming at him with a pair of scissors and he's like "Thats ok honey, I'll go to the barber".

No longer have to cut hubby's hair: priceless
          LIKE! We need a button.

Comment

Originally posted by quotefanatic View Post
            My word substitution can be interesting..
            You have your own autocorrect!

Comment

funny ms

Originally posted by inkogneetoh View Post
              i had optic neuritis as part of my first flare up, plus a previous eye injury from a bbq skewer. now i get these stars several times a day, like little flashes of light. comparable to glitter sparkling. also black dots in different spots. AND when im in a very brightly lit white room i can see my pulse, like my eye ball is throbbing, but not painful.

question is, do you have any symptoms you enjoy or are at least amused by?
              Mine has been the pain in feet when they cramp goes to my legs--I dont mind getting foot massage,s it is all new pain <<i also see the same black flashes,from eyes moving around<,or looks like on the ceiling bright lites bother them2,,((sunshines))))))

Comment

L'Hermittes is my favorite

Now that I know what it is, I quite like L'Hermittes too. The numb fingertips on my left hand are quite handy when handling hot/cold items in the kitchen, only sometimes it's not that numb - more a delayed reaction, not so much fun then :-)
                Teresa
                Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current

Comment

Originally posted by inkogneetoh View Post
                  i had optic neuritis as part of my first flare up, plus a previous eye injury from a bbq skewer. now i get these stars several times a day, like little flashes of light. comparable to glitter sparkling. also black dots in different spots. AND when im in a very brightly lit white room i can see my pulse, like my eye ball is throbbing, but not painful.

question is, do you have any symptoms you enjoy or are at least amused by?
                  I have the eye 'sparklies' too I usually think of it as glitter as well, I thought it was soo cool the first time it happened, hubby thought I was weird for liking it. I also get the big spots in my vision as well which aren't as enjoyable because they can scare the crap out of me if caught off guard lol I'm good at amusing myself & when I saw this thread I just had to comment, glad to know I'm not the only weird one.
                  I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

I also enjoy the not being able to see the dust in the house! I also think I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket it only took me a week to realize that it was just me buzzing! I enjoy the numbness at times as well especially if I forget and try to pick up something hot haha!

Comment

Not really a symptom, but I do love having a handicapped parking pass (which I refer to as a gimp-tag or a front-row parking pass). Especially when driving with people that don't know I have it -- "Where are you going?! You can't park there!! ... Oh!"

Comment

JoeS: Such a WIN!

I enjoy using MS as an excuse to avoid hanging out with certain people. ''I'm sorry, I'm sick...I have MS & can't hang out today.'' I use it even when I'm in remission because it's just that great of an excuse...because I'm not lying

Comment

I have found my MS hug to be fairly comforting though I know many complain that it hurts. For me it feels like I am wearing a girdle or something. And like a hug.

Can't say I am a big fan of any other symptoms!

Comment

I do have to say the numb hands came in handy (get it - "handy"?? I crack myself up) for the nerve conducion tests. The tech kept wincing each time she poked my hand, and I responded, "Have at it! Can't feel a thing..."
                            Sapphire's Gold - If I can't be graceful, at least I'll be entertaining.

Comment

My inability get's hilarious sometimes! I will come home after a 16hr shift at the hospital and just crack up for hours over nothing! Great for the abdominal muscles though! And the fact that I conveniently can't feel my toes when I stub them and blood is gushing everywhere was pretty funny too...everyone around me was freaking out and I just kept laughing! Bring it on MS!

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphiresgold View Post
                                I do have to say the numb hands came in handy (get it - "handy"?? I crack myself up) for the nerve conducion tests. The tech kept wincing each time she poked my hand, and I responded, "Have at it! Can't feel a thing..."
                                Nudge, nudge, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X