No announcement yet.

any symptoms you enjoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize this was an old post but it really made me smile! I needed that.
    P.s. I also enjoy the lhermitte's sign.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by A webber View Post
      I realize this was an old post but it really made me smile! I needed that.
      P.s. I also enjoy the lhermitte's sign.
      I agree! I needed this too! I am suprised at how many sx that I have had over the years! I have answerd mt non existant phone vibrating in my pocket and enjoy the sparkles in my eyes! HAte wht the heat does though!

Thanks for Sharing ALL! Made me smile too!
      Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

Anosmia is a great one to have after the boyfriend eats his weight in Mexican food!

The word substitution is a fun one for sure!!
        Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
        Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
        Gilenya since 11/2014.
        Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
        EDSS 3.

Comment

I liked when my arm and leg would go numb. i can still do things with them but it was like they were steel. felt like superman! lol

Comment

I don't have MS but my bf does and I def think the word substitution is a funny symptom. He says the craziest things sometimes and it makes both of us laugh. Example: the other day he was telling me not to be in the sun and he wanted to say "I want you skin cancer-less" but it came out "I want you skinless". We both cracked up about that. It's the little moments like that that bring some comic relief to this whole thing.

Comment

I'm always feeling that buzzing too and always - without fail - mistaking it for my phone! Blah!! But I like to entertain myself with the numbness in my right thigh, and seeing how the feeling is different between it and my left.
              Dx March 2013 // Avonex April 2013
              ~Attending McMaster University for Bachelor of Technology

Comment

I had no idea

I have been "imagining" my phone buzzing in my left pocket for MONTHS. Glad that's a thing, and not a symptom of crazy.

I actually was diagnosed pretty recently and my first thoughts were.... not a brain tumor, not schizophrenia, phew. I really thought I was losing my mind.

Although, I guess, just physically pieces of it.

I don't know if it is an MS thing but my vision is insanely good despite optic neuritis 7 years ago, and I think sometimes I see a lot more color contrast than usual / most people. People take drugs to do that. So long as my vision stays usable, I'm ok with that one for now.

Comment

I start having hysterical laughing for a few minutes at really meh stuff. I read this is a secondary symptom from PBA or something. So at least it's not fits of crying which I read were common PBA stuff too. Bear in mind, I'm self-diagnosed PBA. It's the only explanation I've come across that makes sense.

And I read about word replacing on this post. I'm glad I'm not going crazy! I already slur, but pinecone are not acorns... And definitely not pineapple.
                  Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
                  Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwiinoz View Post
                    Now that I know what it is, I quite like L'Hermittes too. The numb fingertips on my left hand are quite handy when handling hot/cold items in the kitchen, only sometimes it's not that numb - more a delayed reaction, not so much fun then :-)
                    I like the L'Hermittes too......nothing like a good buzz!

Comment

I have the eye 'sparklies' too I usually think of it as glitter as well, I thought it was soo cool the first time it happened, hubby thought I was weird for liking it.

Haha! I find that one entertaining as well, though I freaked the first time it happened.

One of my biggies is nausea, and now that my stomach and throat are so scared it doesn't hurt - I even get the natural endorphin release that comes after gagging, so it actually feels good :P
                      Basically I'm under orders to eat high calorie meals (on top of the IV's and nutrition supplements), all while knowing I'll likely never be fat.
                      Even though recently the throwing-ups declined, I still have to constantly feast!!
                      No guilt, no dieting - best 20's disorder!!!

(and no, for those natural worriers, its not bulimia - I've got internal scans, photos, and psych visits to prove it )

Comment

Leg kicks

I get a kick that all of a sudden my leg just flys in the air for no reason. Sometimes it wakes me up. It's just so weird it makes me feel like this is a sign I should be a Dancing "ROCKETTE"!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                        RRMS
                        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I am sorry to be late to the party but there is nothing good about having MS. I hate that new symptoms show up unexpectedly, daily. This MS is no fun. Good luck to all.

Comment

Working...
                          X