Cruising with MS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruising with MS...

So, I usually like to take a cruise every 2-3 years with my mom and a friend (my husband doesn't like to travel). We have been to Europe 4 times and really enjoy it.

Our last trip was 2009, the start of my leg issues, and it was a hard trip for me, but I trudged along and really enjoyed it, just couldn't walk for too long. Of course, I didn't know I had MS either, so mentally I just fought it.

Wondering if anyone else likes to travel/cruise and can share any tips or tricks with me?

I am starting to plan one last cruise next year while I can still walk some...but no husband to push me around in a chair if I get tired or shlep my luggage for me. And Europe is not very disability friendly, lots of walking and uneven cobblestone streets.

Thanks!
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

I don't have any advice about shlepping- but can I just say how envious I am of you! I want to travel so bad but I'm still in my 30s and in a career, not to mention single with 2 kids, and now an MSer. Time and money are bit of a problem. Wherever you do go can you send a little thought out to those of us who would love to travel but can't? Take your time over there, smell the roses, live it up!
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

Working...
    X