Medicare Question for Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicare Question for Rich

I was approved for SSDI and received benefits starting in March of 2010. I am now eligible for Medicare beginning in March of 2012. My question is: Do I sign up for a supplemental plan this year? or next?
    Thanks,
    Rod

Hi, Rod. Glad to hear that you were approved for benefits. I did a quick Google search on this issue and there is a link to the Medicare website re: medigap insurance - http://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/...igap-home.aspx. I would contact Medicare directly to get an answer to this question. It appears that there is an enrollment period for medigap insurance, but you should investigate whether or not those rules apply to you as you will not be eligible until later in 2012. There are a lot of resources out there.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
    X