What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Saw this prompt on a writer's site ... thought I'd bring it here and adapt it a bit:
    If you could push MS off your radar screen, and consider the world at large, what would you do if you were in charge?

Here's a start:

If I could change the world, what would I do?
    I would end all the wars, and financially fine leaders who argue;
    I would make them pay all the bills for families of lost soldiers who can't pay.

I would open the schools, and add second and third shifts
    Allowing students and teachers
    To choose their best hours and to choose their best courses.
    I would say no more to one size fits all tests and end competitive rankings
    I would give them all grades of "A"
    Asking them to defend that grade at the end of the term.

I would tell all the athletes who charge millions to play a game
    That their fans will instead donate
    Ticket prices to their town halls to improve schools and roads and add police and firefighters.

"At's what I would do if I ruled the world and could change things.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

I would make sure that everyone had enough food to fill their tummies, medical care when they were ill, a roof over their heads, and that child abuse and other violence were eradicated and people treated each other as they wanted to be treated. And I'd make sure that those who were lonely or hurting had someone to listen to them, help them, or just give them a hug when they needed it.

That's what I would do, if I ruled the world and could change things.

(I'd also outlaw wire coat hangers, but that's another story altogether.)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Wow! I am impressed with those choices... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the education one!!! Mine are quite simple:

1) Outlaw the selling of dogs and cats in pet stores, make mandatory adoption or purchase from reputable breeders the #1 rule.

2 Make every country in the world self-sufficent with regard to growing, raising or making food and clean water (my Italian side... always thinking of the stomach).

I look forward to reading everyone else's lists.
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I should start out by saying that I am generally not a "political" person but what I would like to change is to increase military pay and benefits (Did you know that many married people in the military are elligible for food stamps?).

I would also like to make politicians more accountable. They should have to live by the same laws that the rest of us due.

Take care of the people here in the USA first and then worry about the rest of the world. In the long run I think that would be a big help.
        Webbles

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down (much)

Comment

Re: What would you do?

It reminds me of the Legendary Lennon's 'Imagine all the people...'

Comment

Working...
          X