Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon's Kindle Owner's Lenders Library is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon's Kindle Owner's Lenders Library is here!!

I just logged in to Amazon.com (looking for an electric fireplace), but on the main page is an announcement that Kindle owners with Prime membership can now borrow Kindle books for free! You can get one book a month with no due dates, and there are thousands of new books.

You can also still get free Kindle or Nook books from Pixel of Ink. I've been enjoying a lot of these free books, which are the newer books.

If you haven't already, check it out!

By the way, I my Kindle! It makes reading so much easier for me now. I had to stop reading for awhile because with nerve damage in my hands, I couldn't hold a book, especially the thicker books. I also have vision problems and couldn't read the smaller print. Now I can enlarge the print as big as I want. They've got several new very affordable Kindle options, so if you have been thinking of getting on, now might be a good chance to put it on your Christmas wish list. (And no, I don't get compensation from Amazon for touting the benefits of Kindles. LOL!!)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Kindle

I was thinking about getting one. That's good news I will have to check it out. I haven't been reading in a long time. Thanks Shashi!
    Maggienor

Comment

Originally posted by Maggienor View Post
      I was thinking about getting one. That's good news I will have to check it out. I haven't been reading in a long time. Thanks Shashi!
      Oh, definitely check it out! I'm legally blind and absolutely love my Kindle.

As Sashi said, the text can be enlarged, quite a bit. It's still not an easy read for me, so I use both the voice menu and voice enabled books. That way, the menus and books are read to me and I don't have to actually look at the Kindle to use it.

Not all books are voice enabled, but so far I'd say 90% of the ones I looked for or found through Pixel of Ink, InkMesh,etc have been.

I thought my Kindle was well worth the money at the original, higher price, but it's even better now and there's a few new options,too!

Comment

You can also get free ebooks from http://www.gutenberg.org
        they have some audio books they are public domain and older books.

you can also check out books from libraries using overdrive.com

My kindle is on the computer but I had given up on reading for some time bit I down loaded my kindle from amazon for my PC and am back to reading again

Comment

I really like Amazon Prime. Well worth the money. I buy most of my online stuff off amazon now because of the free shipping...and their instant movie selection is as good as Netflix.

I have an iPad, so I have to watch the instant stream on another computer in the house, but this is soon to be remedied since I pre ordered one of the Kindle Fire's for a Christmas present for my husband. then we'll be able to get the Kindle books too. iBooks has lots of free books, but the problem with the iPad and reading is the glare...I've heard Kindle doesn't have that problem.

I always like buying Christmas presents that I can use too

Comment

Working...
          X