Attitude of Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attitude of Gratitude

I have started keeping a gratitude journal to help me keep me and my life in perspective. When my daughters were young we used to tell eachother 3 things we were grateful for before, if someone had had a bad day we would 5 or even 10 things were grateful for.

I thought it would interesting to hear what you wise and wonderful people of MS World have to say. It could be short and sweet, or include little stories.

Or not, that's okay too.

Today I am grateful for...
    My 2 bright, beautiful, funny and most of all kind daughters

My sweet, smart, loyal and chubby rescue/mutt dog
    The moon, I know when I look into the night sky my girls and I are looking at the same thing, we bounce wishes and thoughts off the moon to eachother.

I'd love to hear what you are grateful for...
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Thank you for the post, Maitrimama. I am having a bad day and I needed a push to think about what I'm grateful for.

I'm grateful for my BF because he's incredibly supportive and kind, even though he has been feeling pretty bad this week, he went to my doc appointment for moral support and he slept in the living room to keep the cats from waking me up (I didn't know that until this morning)

I'm grateful I can still be active.

I'm grateful for my new PCP and his very high comments about my new neuro that I meet next week.

I'm grateful for the people on this forum.

Of course, I'm grateful for my 3 bad cats that play like crazy in the middle of the night - they are angels during the day.
    This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

this is a great post, can't wait to read what others are grateful for..

i am grateful for my dog, Emma ..who endlessly amuses me, knows when i am upset or not feeling well and does her best to keep me in high spirits.

i am grateful for what the practice of kundalini yoga and meditation has brought to and continues to bring to my life and those around me. without it, nothing would be the same.

i am grateful for my soon-to-be husband, for his patience, understanding and open attitude ...he is so helpful and amazing, and i do not tell him enough how much he is appreciated ...and i am grateful that i have a best friend in him, especially when it sometimes feels like i have no other real friends ..he is the most important person in my life (wedding is on the 11th of this month !! )

and..i am grateful that the windows in my apartment can be opened, especially on such nice days as today

Comment

Congratulations, Ms.Rosetta.Blue! What a lovely month to get married! All the best and enjoy every minute!!!!
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

A wedding! Happy happy joy joy!

And on 11/11/11 too boot! What fun! Let yourselfp enjoy and concentrate so you can remember details.

I am grateful that NW corner of CT got 18 inches of snow and there is no school for the rest of the week so Mama is going up tomorrow To have lunch & giggle!
          M.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks for the congrats

yay for snow !

Comment

I am feeling that impatience and frustration right beneath the surface and I refuse to let it rule my day!

I am oh so grateful for -

Lunch and giggles with my amazing daughters.

Crunchy leaves and a cerulean sky.

The fact that my dog did NOT find a dead animal to roll in today!

The fact that I am not alone.
              M.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I am grateful for my awesome dog. Even when I spend all day on the couch, she curls up on the floor next to me and peeks up to check on me regularly. And she is always ready to venture out on a walk with me, but never seems disappointed when the walk is a little shorter than usual.

Comment

What wonderful thoughts

I am grateful for the dogs in my kennel that come to me and allow me to care for them. They have made my life better. They have taught me patience and how to be kind.

I am grateful that God has forgiven me for squandering many gifts and instead just keeps giving me other gifts. Thanks big guy.

j
                  Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

11/11/11 That is so cool!

I'm grateful for my DH, who is not always easy to get along with, but when we're happy, we are REALLY happy.

I'm grateful that Susan did not electrocute herself today.

I'm grateful for my son's sweet spirit. He is a gentle, sensitive, intelligent, loyal boy. His loyalty is really special. He had a good friend who suddenly disappeared. And right around this time, we changed our phone number. We kept trying to call him but never got an answer. Finally we drove past his house, and there were different people living there. Scott was so sad that his friend had moved away and they hadn't gotten to say good-bye. Then one day I was shopping at the mall, and I happened to see the friend's mother! I told her that Scott really missed her son, and she told me her son really missed Scott, and she had changed their phone number about the time we changed ours, so it was just a total mess. So she gave me her new cell, and Scott got to call and talk to his friend. I was so happy. Scott is so loyal to his friends. I admire that in him.
                    Proud Mom of three kids!
                    dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
                    X