Just a little personal celebration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little personal celebration!

I have passed from "New poster" to "Active Poster"! Hooray! I'm in! I'm part of the gang! I'm one of you! That makes me so happy.
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

YAY!!! Welcome to the "gang"!!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I was hoping the good news was that your hair had miraculously grown back, but this is good, too. Congratulations!

Comment

Redwings, I will be posting that celebration in about 10 years.

I'm in! Let's party! (Party subject to cancellation due to Hug pain.)
        Proud Mom of three kids!
        dx'd 1996

Comment

CONGRATS and welcome Hawkgirl!! Glad your moving and grooving with us all here!!

Comment

Wonderful news in a weird kind of way that is MS!!! You made me laugh, Hawkgirl!!!

On a side note, I'm losing my hair and they really don't know why, any suggestions?? I like wigs so if it really gets going I'm ok to deal with it.

have a great day!!!
            This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

My mother had breast cancer back in 2007 and she got this fabulous wig. It was way better than her real hair. It was expensive, because it had that "scalp" look underneath to look more natural. I think she got partial reimbursement because she was doing chemo. That wig looked fantastic.

Then her real hair was growing back in, but in 2009 she found out she had ovarian cancer, so she had to do surgery and chemo AGAIN. She got a new wig (darker this time, because her hair had grown back brown, and she hoped with the darker wig, people might not notice as much). The darker wig was also very attractive but not as pretty as the first one.

So go for it! Splurge on the expensive wig, because it's worth the extra money; they look so natural and good!

BTW, my mother is now cancer free, which is why I wanted to make a wonderful birthday celebration for her, and why I was so ashamed that I dishonored her birthday lunch by being so late. DH was miffed that I spent so much money on her birthday (necklace = $30 because sis chipped in for her half, balloons = $15, plant = $10, cheaper necklace = $15, kids' gift = $5, gift bags = $10, lunch = $60 for my half).

Yes, it was a lot. But at her b-day last year, she was doing chemo and we didn't know if we'd have another b-day with her. I wanted to blow her socks off this year with a wonderful b-day party. And I would have if I hadn't been late. But as it was, she said she had a wonderful b-day. So that's OK. I am so happy my mother enjoyed her b-day and so grateful she had another b-day! I pray that she will have many more!

It's funny because she's worried about me, and I'm worried about her. We call each other and quiz about "did you get that test done? what were the results? are you taking those meds like the doc told you?" We are on each others' cases all the time.

empirerecs, why might you be losing your hair? Is it from menopause, or some med you're taking? That's strange.
              Proud Mom of three kids!
              dx'd 1996

Comment

I was reading some articles online that said that shampoo can actually cause your hair to thin out because of the harsh cleansers in it. I know I lose my hair in handfuls at times, and the top has gotten very thin.

I've started washing my hair with just conditioner. I did it by accident the first time because I conditioned it first and was then supposed to shampoo it, another thing I read that is supposed to give you more body. But I forgot to shampoo that time. When I remembered, I was too tired to get back in the shower and go through all that again, so I just left it. And it looked really good. It's actually leaving it very shiny and healthy looking. (I also use Agadir argan oil, which is awesome.) I'm hoping my hair will stop thinning out and maybe even grow back. I guess we'll see! And if it works, I'll let you know.
                Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Isn't that odd. I never knew that about shampoo. Maybe I should use more, because I have about twice as much hair as a normal person. I swear to you that right now my hair is wider than my shoulders. When I straighten it, it *used* to look very nice. Now it looks like an ugly awkward haircut. It looks like stair steps of layers. I have very thick, coarse, wavy/curly hair. I wish I could trade part of my hair to you girls who have thinner hair!
                  Proud Mom of three kids!
                  dx'd 1996

Comment

Hawkgirl - you are a wonderful daughter, I don't think you spent too much, you wanted to make your mom's birthday wonderful!! I'm really happy that she is cancer free!!!!

Thank you for the info about the wigs and Lisa, thank you for the other info too. The doc thinks it's a huge reaction to stress, which is intirely possible based on the last year!. it's not menapause, unfortunately!

Thank you for the info!!!
                    This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

yes stress does have an ugly way of showing its face. In 2010 that is what the Doctors kept telling me was the cause for my optic neuritis and migraines, but low and behold another year later we get to give thanks to ms for that.

Comment

I think stress and MS go hand in hand. When your MS is acting up you get stressed. And when you're stressed, your MS starts acting up.

I am trying to "own" the new, short, curly me. One good thing is that it now doesn't take as long to wash it! First time I washed it I was surprised at how fast it went!
                        Proud Mom of three kids!
                        dx'd 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl View Post
                          I have passed from "New poster" to "Active Poster"! Hooray! I'm in! I'm part of the gang! I'm one of you! That makes me so happy.
                          Your post made me smile I needed a smile today~~ Actually, you were a part of us the first day you joined and we're glad you did!!!

Did this go through? I have a really bad headache today.....I thought I submitted this already and LOL, it's still here!!
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

How many posts until you go from New Poster to the "next level"?
                            BTW Hawk girl- I also have course, thick, wavy/curly dark hair. WHen I was a kid my mom had to use 2 ponytails vs. 1 because the hairband barely fit. After my first child, my hair came out in clumps! I was so distraught, but it eventually stopped.
                            My mom lost a lot of her hair after getting really sick years ago. She didnt have cancer, or anthing, she just got the flu and it started falling out for a period of 5-6 months. It took about a year and it grew back. It was weird though.
                            ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
                            Dx the first time: 10/25/11
                            Avonex 1/12-10/12
                            Revaluation of Dx 10/12
                            Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

Yay Hawkgirl!

It's a happy day when you can be "active," however it comes to you!
                              First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
                              Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Working...
                              X