Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's easy:

My name begins with a K (and Kay was once a nickname), and I'm special.

Comment

I LOVE diamonds!!!!! Although I don't have to many Tee-HEE. And I put the twist of my age on it. Soon....I'll be Diamond 58....YIKES!!!!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I chose this name because, even though I am happily married I still think of a "Ms." as being an independent woman. Delusions of a past me?
        The gi and jo are are the first letters of my first and last name. And having had several family members who served and that I am proud of for their service I kinda liked the play on words that when I am telling people my online name I can say that I am ms. gijo(e).

Catmom - I thought that I was the only one who had such a demanding creature But his outside privileges are being suspended for now - he has taken up fishing in my koi pond (I have found 2 fish dead outside the pond this week!). I wonder who will win in the morning - him or me?

Comment

Way back in the stone ages my oldest son had a numerical pager. I sent him the page "303". I did this several times over a couple weeks. He always claimed that he was able to figure out any code or "secret message", but not this time. After he finally told me about the odd pages he had been getting, I told him to hold the pager sideways. 303 becomes MOM (stacked up of course). I've always used that for an online name.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Back in 2001 I discovered message boards and used my cat's name, Agate. It seemed short and easy to remember. Unfortunately it doesn't let people know if I'm M or F but sometimes that works to my advantage.

That cat died in 2004 and was replaced by another cat but I saw no point in changing my user name. It seemed like a way to memorialize my cat Agate or Aggie, who was a very memorable pet.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

knutcase

I went to get my first computer..(I was 25 at the time or there abouts)...my dad kind of forced me with my income tax.....he's more than a little pushy and controlling......at the register you had to register your MS account name (back in the days of dialup) I was going to go with my first initial and last name....taken....first initial and middle initial and last name taken....first name taken....first name last name taken....after 5 -10 minutes of this the line was backing up....my step neices were always saying I was crazy.....I thought for a moment and said "nutcase" (dad warned me no gender specific names)......dad turned and looked way upset P.O.ed.....they said taken...I started to chuckle.....see I wasnt the only one to think like this.....so what letter could be silent but different....had to be a consonant.....how about a K......so I became knutcase......made more sense to people when my first husbands last name started with a K....LOL......(he is now ex no 1 of 2)....

and then with 2 special needs kids it made even more sense.....then married again to a guy that drove people around him crazy it made more sense.....then divorced again ....more sense.....now with MS (sort of)and a host of other health issues..........well it fits.
              I yam what I yam
              and that's all
              that I yam
              ~Popeye

Comment

Username

My horse is named Skidmark because of a stripe that looks like it's from a bicycle. People think of dirty shorts so I shortened it to Skidder because of kids.

Comment

Mines simple named after 2 different university of kentucky basketball players it only makes since to use my first name Kyle and 4UK. Was raised a Kentucky football/basketball fan despite being in Alabama.

Comment

I have been having symptoms of MS since 2004 hence 2004 hence LimboLisa. On a good note going to a new neurology firm that specializes in MS.

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up after 3 years. I'm sure there are many new members wanting to share. It's a fun read as well
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        Thought I'd bump this up after 3 years. I'm sure there are many new members wanting to share. It's a fun read as well
                        At work a long time ago, we named a system "Gargantua." To me it denotes something amazing but at times unwieldly, like a big battle sword one might occasionally need to get through life.
                        All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
                          At work a long time ago, we named a system "Gargantua." To me it denotes something amazing but at times unwieldly, like a big battle sword one might occasionally need to get through life.
                          That sounds fierce enough to get you through just about anything!
                          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                            That sounds fierce enough to get you through just about anything!
                            HI agate Yes life does pile it on sometimes?
                            All the best, ~G

Comment

Hmmm. I thought I had responded to this years ago, but, if I did, I can't find my post in this thread. Maybe it was a similar thread.

When my two kids were in middle school, my daughter, a competitive swimmer at the time, liked to be known as Waterbug. From there, we called my son, Airbug, because he liked to get lots of "air" when he did jumps on an off-road dirt bike. My husband was TechKnowBug, because he "knows" a lot about technology and computers. And, I just had a boring name, MamaBug.

I used that name here. Since then, more than 15 years have passed by. I added a note under my signature that I am now a "MimiBug", since I have two grandchildren. Someone else here suggested that; I'm no longer sure who to give the credit to. Maybe Seasha?
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

I used that name here. Since then, more than 15 years have passed by. I added a note under my signature that I am now a "MimiBug", since I have two grandchildren. Someone else here suggested that; I'm no longer sure who to give the credit to. Maybe Seasha?
                                It wasn't me, Mamabug - maybe one of your grandkids?
                                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X