Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose Maxx...

...because Max was not available.I have never come across whoever Max is. Maxx was a better choice...it's unique

Comment

My username has no fabulous story with it but it has meaning for me swiddy was a nickname I had all through school coming from a shortened version of my very long Polish maiden name nobody could say, LOL.
      The 99 is because that was the year I was dx with MS

Comment

from"p"to"k"

I grew up in northern PA, left home to join the army. Met my ex while in military and moved to eastern KY (his hometown) and have been here ever since...love it but I do miss home. That's how my user name came about.

Comment

gym

Mine is Ms.Gymrat. I love the gym and I'm there six days a week unless I'm sick.

I just realized that people might think I'm calling myself Multiple Sclerosis Gym Rat. NOPE! I don't think it let me put in a period in the User name after the Ms.
          Karen,
          Part time Registered Nurse
          Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

This is such a great thread that I thought I'd bump it up for those of you who are new here - some good stories too!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great thread!

"lux" is part of my business name and even though I'm married, I still use miss or ms since I kept my surname so I sometimes go by "misslux" online.

Comment

Fun

Morphi is one of my many nicknames/usernames. It has become, maybe, my permanent one. Throughout my entire life I've had many 'assigned' nicknames, usually because of something silly that I've done or said. Just a few nicknames have been Kermit, Stranger, Snoop Frogg, Burpla, Skippy, FacePlant, Junior, Knuckles, Speedy, on and on and on.

Online, I have a tendency to change avatars frequently. It's almost an artistic addiction.

Morphi has stuck recently because of these reasons; morphing names and avatars.
                ~Morphi~

Thrown from the top of the waterfall, well I'm drowning in piranhas in the river...man, what a drag!

Comment

I'm a cat "mom" to my now 15 year old Maine coon kitty!

Comment

You asked what's in a name?

I absolutely loved each and every post, and read each post gaining insight into the caliber of people here. Fascinates me the methods used, and the reasons why, people chose their user name. And honestly, I think I have learned more about the way people deal with MS successfully here than I did from all the literature I've read elsewhere. Thank you!

When I was first diagnosed in 2010, I stumbled across a site with forums that was not specific to MS. In the creation of my user name at that time, I chose nickname that I once was referred to by. I think my goal at that time was to find what was left of my former self. A trip down memory lane, so to speak. And, a strong desire to find that person within myself.

The info I found on that site was too generic, and while some things were wonderful attempts to provide support and information, it just served to upset me. Not so with this site. Reading through these posts somehow gives me a feeling of belonging. Something I haven't felt in a while. (Thank you!) AND there are insightful tools and ideas that I find helpful.

Three years later, I am coming to terms with the fact that I am never going to become that person again. And maybe that's a good thing. That person was young, naive and invincible (or so I thought!!)

So, my user name? My given name. I want to allow myself to be me, a bit older, a bit wiser...And while I might not be invincible, I know there is still some fight left in me.......And I think the folks here are just the right people to help me move forward as the person I am now.

Comment

Mary is not my real name

But I'll answer to it.

Ten years ago, I was promoted to "clean house" at a home that needed a strong leader.

I walked in everyday with a smile on my face. I organized, directed and even fired people while retaining my positive composure.

Some of my employees didn't like me at first and nicknamed me "Mary *** iSunshine"....it wasn't until they saw the positive changes in the environment (months later) that they let me in on my nickname and they changed it to "MarySunshine".....lol
                      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different result
                      "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" -Earl Wilson

Comment

zuzu - from 'it's a wonderful life'

11 - prime & palindrome

add the s for possession

trailing z....i don't know....sycophantic consonant....

Comment

From Merriam-Webster:

a person fond of or expert at archery

And it's origin for those who are into that kinda thing

Greek toxon bow, arrow + philos dear, loving
                          First Known Use: 1794
                          DX end of 2/08
                          Copax 3/08

Comment

Wow!
                            Never thought about the effort put into picking a name before.
                            I use this in a lot of forums, started using it on a gaming site and people seem to enjoy it when they figure it out.
                            -Bradly (that would be my actual name)
                            1995-symptoms with no cause
                            2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
                            2000/1-started Avonex
                            2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
                            Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Peddler came to be because I was a salesman and an avid cyclist. Having lunch with my rep and a customer I said we were peddlers to which the rep took offense, corrected me and announced "We are sales professionals!" That locked in the handle Peddler for me so deeply I even named the sailboat I raced Peddler.
                              Maybe I should forget all that because I don't sell, sail or ride these days.

Comment

Wow! all good names & reasons for them.I have 8 Grandchildren & w/my 1st.my DD wanted something different.As my children are 1/2 Italian we decided on Nona,which is Italian for G'ma. I added Owl as I LOVE owls & have a long history w/ them.

Comment

Working...
                                X