Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thread! And Nancy yours cracked me up the most
    I worked at a place where the dogs name was Mocha. He became my dog as an elderly boy and we always joked that he rambled along like a "Mochadog"... So this is my way of thinking of him often. Love and miss my boy.
    RR spinal cord predominant MS; Doing well on Tecfidera for 3+ years

Comment

iadopted3 Just that. I, and my husband, grew our family through the journey of adoption through the foster care system. I use this screen name for various things, I probably need to come up with a new one since our family has grown by 2 homegrown babies in the past 2 1/2 years as well. But, iadopted3 it is. It was a journey we will never forget.

Comment

i started using this when i was about 18(32now) as an email screen name and just decided to stick with it. it stands for god's grace for eternity!

Comment

Originally posted by grace4et View Post
          i started using this when i was about 18(32now) as an email screen name and just decided to stick with it. it stands for god's grace for eternity!
          I like that.
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Wow. Impressive-moving-funny

Okay-Shashi, you have my well earned respect; and might I just add THANKS.
            I so enjoyed reading every single post. Thanks to all fo you who posted as well. I feel like I just met some really amazing, courageous, and intelligent people.
            I will try to condense what's behind [COLOR="Indigo"]"Imagine."

Some of you know-for those who don't: while I've lived my entire life (other than 6mos in Canada), my very large extended family refers to me as, "our little bleedn' heart liberal who's been tryin' to save the world since she was 6yrs old." and---"the child hasn't eatn' meat since she was 9 and realized it meant an animal--- but it's alright, ya' can't help but love her." Now, seriously- that is how I am introduced to people most of the time. Oh, yeah, we do drop all g's down here (:

I was in elementary school when John Lennon Passed away. 1 of my brothers, just a year younger, and I fell in love with The Beetles @ 12 & 13. Even at that age, "Imagine," stopped me in my tracks, as did "Let it Be." 30 years later... still my favorite song.

My brother passed away in his sleep 8yrs ago- for a while I thought I might die too b/c w/him...went my childhood. He was "different," by standards here, just not in the way I am. I still have waist length hair and my style of dress is very much my own. My brother was a brilliant, sensitive, and fragile soul. He, like me, hated the injustice and cruelty that he saw in the world.

While I, at 18, was in College and protesting this and that... and just so sure if people would listen to me about the homeless... presto(!) they would understand and 'JOIN US'. I would even take these people to meet the homeless I'd gotten to know so well, and they would never use words like "bum," again. My brother would shake his head and say- never happen. I kept trying... he became increasingly more depressed/angry. Turned to heavy drugs---years later, went to far and didn't wake up.

At his memorial service, I had [COLOR="Indigo"]Imagine and Let it Be [COLOR="Black"]played all the way through.

[I][B][I]You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

When the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me_________There will be an answer........Let It Be

And there you have it--- and I do try and "wake up to the sound of music." I feel so close to my brother when I listen to the music, the love of which we shared Life experience has brought wisdom, not bitterness. My ideals are the same---now, I'm realistic.
            Love and Light to All of You
            Shalom, Suzanne
            You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Where to begin ? Married to my smoking hot wife 27 years and recently found out what was wrong with me on Nov 19th 2010.

I've always been active and pretty fit (raised 3 very active children). I thought that I was just getting old and lazy because I had trouble walking for miles and was always tired... Anyway right after being diagnosed, something strange happened to me .. instead of feeling sorry for me ... my loving wife simply told me that she was going to start learning how to run a 5k race .. (what !?) my wife has never run before.. what was that about ?

As I found out later.. what she was saying to me was.. "get your butt off the couch and stop feeling sorry for yourself"..

So I eventually got up and started training with her.. I can't run or walk very far, but I could still ride a bike . Today she trains to run ½ marathons (13.1 miles), and I am there right with her on my bike as she trains... The weird part about all this is.. I just had my 1st annual MRI. After taking those terrible shots for a year, changing my diet and doing some exercise when I am able, my neurologist announced that my legions shrunk from last year ! What great news to my ears !!!!

I know that currently there is not a cure for multiple sclerosis, but it was encouraging news and I credit my beautiful wife for her support !!!

Today I help train runners from our local Fleet Feet running organization. In fact, I have been asked to carry the official AED as I ride my bike. I am officially and proudly known as “Mike on A Bike” !

Keep moving ya'll !!

Comment

Dave, Journeyman, Wawapra, Golden radio.

Only recently did I start adding my own personal name because I wanted the information and support that I often hand out IS personal and supportive. I wanted to start be more personal and caring to people that share MS.

Journeyman - I was a medical missionary to Central and South America. My treks often took a day or more to get into indigenous tribal areas. Once I had to climb a "extinct" volcano. The village was on the upper rim. The Mayan tribe hid there when there was an attempt at genocide on them. I was the first white man they had let in in many years. (they had a toddler with a heart problem and asked through a missionary for help.) Hence - "journeyman" I was awarded the privilege to be the first one to use there newly constructed stone toilet. (After their food and black beans for several days I needed it for the long trek back. When I came out the village was circled around it and gave me an applause. They don't tell you these kind of things when training to be a missionary.

Wawapra - As a medical missionary I was called into a very remote tribe "The Muskito" ... (On the Mosquito Coast. Their name has nothing to do with the bug which strangley enough they are not cursed with) ...that had been decimated by a Cat. 4 hurricane. They kept calling me Wawapra which I assumed ment Dr. I finally asked for a translation. I was told that it meant, "One who comes among us to be one of us." It brought tears to my eys to be considered "one of them."

Golden Radio - I kept thinking I was losing my mind as every night when after turning into bed I would hear country (western) music. At the time I hated that style of music. (But have grown to love it.)
                Once when I went to my dentist he asked if I heard voices or music in my head. I thought he was checking out my mental status since then I was a Psych RN, (also which caused me great alarm because of my chosen profession I thought I was becoming Schizophrenic.)
                The Dentist told me that people with crowns made of Gold sit on a kind of seat on the tooth. As the seat erodes over time the gold comes in contact with the tooth and become a kind of receiver for specific frequencies of radio waves.( A transistor of sort if there are those of you who rember what it is.)
                I admitted that I did. He pulled the crown, refinished the base and replaced the crown. Now my nights are silent and I miss my radio station.
                Dave Tampa, Florida
                "journeyman"
                Status: four months into what is usually a six months remission.
                Wx: 90 deg, 65% hum.

Comment

Is it just me or my work?

I used to be an armament elctrician in the military. When I started having problems (before being DX'd) the doctors would ask what I was feeling and I would tell them I feel like I have a livewire going through my body! Thus, I am now Livewire.

Comment

What a great thread!!!! There are so many names I recognize and often wondered why they chose that?.... Now I know.

As for me- nothing philosophical or profound. My dogs name is Allie. I actually named her after my mom who passed away right before I adopted her so I am so connected to her. I absolutely adore her..... Truth be told, it's almost not normal
                    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
                    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
                    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

I don't think mine needs much of an explanation. Most of my issues are cognitive. I am new here so if you run into me in chat and i don't speak much, i am either trying to pull the thoughts together in my head to get them out, i forgot to hit send...or i got up to get a drink and forgot to come back lol.

Comment

n=Nicole. Grace is my last name. 73 is the year I was born. Pretty easy.
                        Nicole
                        2 Legit 2 Quit

Comment

i didnt want to use my 'go to' username because i like using this site anonymously.

Well, my name IS katie, and rainy is my cocker spaniel. my fluffy baby. my best friend.
                          Katie
                          dx rrms: 2/12
                          copaxone 3/12 - current
                          dx pcos 6/13
                          gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

There is nothing creative or original about mine, either.

Last summer we got 8 chickens so that we could have fresh eggs. I had wanted them for a long time and they finally changed the city codes to allow it. We let them free range in our backyard.

I have never had any children, so I take my pets seriously, and these girls are my babies.

I am a Chicken Mama to Helen, Corla, Henrietta, Betty, Lucille, Eula, Myrtle and Marvelanne.
                            "Man's importunity is God's opportunity. He uses our problems as building material for his miracles." ~Corrie Ten Boom

Comment

Mine came from my husband - then boyfriend - who started calling me Spyder (yes, spelled with a y) because in high school, I'd pull my hair back, and like now, a few hairs would break free of the hair spray, and he said they looked like spider legs. When I went to get my "I'm so cool" personalized plate, they didn't have any "spyder" plates available, but I was able to get "spydre". So I've been Spydre ever since - about 20+ years now.
                              Diagnosis: May, 2008
                              Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

from Breakfast at Tiffany's

I am an Audrey Hepburn fan. Of the characters she played, Holly Golightly is my favorite.
                                Holly

Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner.
                                - The Replacements

Comment

Working...
                                X