Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire is the name of a demon that I used to write stories about many moons ago. The "gold" part comes from setting up an email address for a freecycle website....the email addy was to hold Sapphire's Gold.
    Sapphire's Gold - If I can't be graceful, at least I'll be entertaining.

Comment

Mine is gonna make me seem creepy... lol

I've always been interested in "true crime," especially unsolved murders (one of the most famous being the Black Dahlia murder.) She had a very specific wound to her face: a "permanent smile" called a Glasgow Smile. It's a form of torture that was made popular by the Scottish mafia, hence the name.

Still wanna be friends? I dont bite, promise! lol

Comment

Strhuntrss

A good friend of mine gave me my username. I have always loved astronomy. Ever since I have known him
        (27 years) he has seen me outside in my backyard at night with my telescope looking up at the stars. My favorite constellation is Orion(the hunter). Thus knowing Orion was my favorite and the fact that I am a woman and that I am always hunting for Orion in the night sky he gave me my name ... Strhuntrss
        STR

Comment

Originally posted by Glasgow_Smile View Post
          She had a very specific wound to her face: a "permanent smile" called a Glasgow Smile.
          heh, just a little creepy, but I like it , and definitely more unique than mine -- just my name as I was feeling sort of uncreative the day I made my account

Comment

Penkalet:

Is the name of my sailboat and it is from a part of France where they speak Celt ( across the English channel)
            and it mean in Celt: " hard head" . I thought it suited me !
            As my wife think so.

Alain

Comment

LAB MS

Mine is boring compared to others, just my initials with MS after.

Comment

Mike on A Bike !!

I have posted this story before but wanted to send again..

Where to begin ? Married to my smoking hot wife 27 years and just found out what was wrong with me Nov 2010. I've always been active and pretty fit. I thought that I was just getting old and lazy because I had trouble walking for miles and was always tired... Anyway .. instead of feeling sorry for me ... my loving wife just told me that she was going to start learning how to run a 5k race .. (what !?) my wife has never run before.. what was that about ? As I found out later.. what she was saying to me was.. "get your butt off the couch and stop feeling sorry for yourself"..

So I eventually got up an started training with her.. I can't run or walk very far, but I could still ride a bike. Currently she trains to run 1/2 marathons, and I am right there with her on my bike... There is a group of runners that are with our local Fleet Feet running team. They have since dubbed me with the name "Mike on the Bike". Everyone knows me and are happy to have me work with them when they train.

The weird part about all this is.. I just had my 1st annual MRI. After taking those terrible shots for a year, changing my diet and doing some exercise when I am able, the Dr. announced that my legions shrunk from last year.. now I know that this is not a cure, but it was encouraging and I credit my beautiful wife for her support !!! Keep moving ya'll !!

Comment

Badai Mata is the Eye of the Storm in an obscure South East Asian language. The eye of the storm is where I am when I'm active, so active is where I'll try to stay while I wait for a cure for MS. Mostly, I use a bicycle to keep my MS at bay. Eight or nine years now, so far, so good.

Comment

Wow, mine is extremely boring after reading many of the stories on here!!

profe = short for 'profesora'.....I'm a Spanish teacher.

That's it! Fun thread!
                    Mom was right: life's NOT fair. What she never told me is that "fair" is often irrelevant.

Comment

Great stories here.... had to read them all!

Codex is the name of my cat and she is named after the lead character in the web series "The Guild" (which I think they wrote after secretly spying on my life as I used to be addicted World of Warcraft).

1554 is my current favorite beer made by New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, CO.

Combine the two and you get Codex1554.
                      A spirit with a vision
                      Is a dream....
                      ...With a mission

Comment

Originally posted by Codex1554 View Post
                        Great stories here.... had to read them all!

Codex is the name of my cat and she is named after the lead character in the web series "The Guild" (which I think they wrote after secretly spying on my life as I used to be addicted World of Warcraft).

1554 is my current favorite beer made by New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, CO.

Combine the two and you get Codex1554.
                        Aha! Somehow I suspected you were a gamer!

I'm not an online gamer (suspected I'd find them way too addictive), but I'm a longtime Magic: The Gathering card player & collector.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex1554 View Post
                          I used to be addicted World of Warcraft
                          Old WoW player here too - currently though Star Wars the Old Republic has distracted me from a lot of pain.

IntrinsicEcho is a bit complicated for me to explain there are so many layers of meaning to my user name. There are 4 parts to this name - it's been something I've carried since I was oh 14 I think.

1) I was obsessed with thoroughbred racing in my teens and early 20's . This was going to be the name of one of my race horses.

2) I used to write and this was the title to one of my stories

3) Even when I was really young I knew we all had an innate "something" that was a small echo of the whole universe. When you share who you really are with others the echo that comes back is three fold. What you put out there you get back.

4) I got really frustrated that all the user names I wanted were taken when I created my online persona. It was my first user id anywhere and it's been with me a long time.

Comment

*smiles. Apple is my alter ego. A beautiful, confident, and healthy me.
                            There are no problems, only solutions. - John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                              Aha! Somehow I suspected you were a gamer!

I'm not an online gamer (suspected I'd find them way too addictive), but I'm a longtime Magic: The Gathering card player & collector.
                              Oh, I still have three very large boxes of M:TG cards. I played back in '94 until about 2003 pretty heavily. Got tired of constantly funneling money into it for the new sets while my older ones depreciated. But it's still a great game!

Codex
                              A spirit with a vision
                              Is a dream....
                              ...With a mission

Comment

I will give ya a guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X