Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for starting this thread!!!!

so many interesting names and stories.
    it's funny to read a story and have had an already preconceived notion of what the name meant and it be TOTALLY different.

This is really great, i wanted to respond to everyone but then sorry, that would be too much typing and brain time!

ohh, my name poohb3ar. i've loved pooh since a little girl. when i was a fulltime preschool teacher in other life, my classroom was 'the 100 acres of learning'. had trees everywhere, real, artificial and painted on the walls.

it was awesome and fun to watch new kids come into my woods!

the 3 is because 'poohbear' was taken. so i borrowed Ted DekKer concept of turning e's into 3's. he's one of my favorite thriller/ Christian writers.

also it's a running joke, esp. after my brain surgery where they took a silver dollar size chunk of skull out and replace it w/ titanium, that they did that to keep the sawdust (like pooh's fluffy brain) from falling out!!

so poohb3ar i am!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Several years ago I had a guy who worked for me who called me 'Oh Fearless One'. It was a character from a Saturday morning cartoon when I was little (many years ago). That same year I was trying to sign up for an email on Yahoo and everything was taken. But fearless was available. I've used aka_fearless whenever I don't want to use my own name ever since.

Comment

I am a sitcom tragic. I can't think of any comedian that can make laugh as hard as Jerry Stiller. As "Arthur Spooner" he reminds me not to take myself or life so seriously.

Comment

Mine was taken from the song title "Banditos" by the refreshments. Not very imaginative but they are my favorite band.

Comment

You know how they say on the radio: it's an oldie but a goodie? Well I am a newbie to MS and this message board, but I am still a goodie. It's also a reference to one of my favoriet movies: WallE. WallE finds random things laying around that are called goodies (at least they are called that in the video game). These could be anything from a plastic fork to a diamond ring. Just goes to show that one mans trash is another mans treasure and I prefer to think of myself as treasure

Comment

Username Mystery37

Nothing cute or exotic about it. I am 37yrs old and I have all of these mysterious symptoms without a dx as of yet. I wish everyone the best and have a great evening.

Mystery37

Comment

Deer in Headlights

I don't think that it needs too much explanation. I feel like I am a deer and a car is coming at me with it's headlights on. I am going to get hit

Comment

xtanker...pretty simple...I used to be a tanker (M1A1) in the Army. Nothing like a ride in a 67+ ton, 1,500hp armored limo - not to mention a little bit of fire power

Comment

I was listening to the news while twisters were mentioned.
                    And, I have a red dog.

Everyone's posts are great. Thanks!

Comment

When I was born- 1965- I was very small, 1lb 12oz, a pretty big thing way back then! My pediatrician thought I looked like Tinkerbell and the name stuck. To my total chagrin when I was in high school

I actually looked more like ET, but of course he didn't know that at the time.
                      Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

I grew up below the Sierras

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                        I grew up in the coastal mountains of California. Although I moved to Minnesota in '76 and have now lived in the Midwest longer than I lived on the coast, my heart is still under the redwoods.

Hence, my username.

I grew up in CA central valley below the foothills, shaver, Sequoia I spent many weekends as a teen hiking around the giant Redwoods, I actually have one tattooed on my back and my older sons middle name is Forrest because of my love for the area I grew up around : )
                        moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

This is fun!

It's great to see the thought and significance so many of these screen names represent.

Well, Cougar used to be my screen name when I was young, single and childless (always my favorite wild animal) so it just seemed appropriate to update it to Cougarmama, now that I'm older, married and have three kids!

Comment

term of endearment

My DH is famous for making up names to call me...like when I was diagnosed with MS he started calling me Dorothy (Dotty) M. Flare...Dotty in reference to my brain MRI...

My hobby is making jewelry...when I started I did beading and he called me Beady Eyes...I have used that as an online ID ever since.
                            Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

Great to read the posts. Very insightful. "new normal" equates to acceptance to me. For years I have been fighting against the bizarre symptoms. Accepting that the random unique experiences are not unusual anymore..but is now my normal..saves my energy and reduces stress. It also leaves the future open to my "normal" evolving..I don't wish for the past nor fear the future. It is what it is.

Thanks to all who are sharing.

Comment

my name is....

my real name is Wendy Rochet. my middle name is french after my great grandmother she was Maria Rochet Petite, I don't know how to hyphenate the e on my computer? Rochet is pronounced row-shay
                                moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Working...
                                X