Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story behind your user name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is dorky on 2 different levels! "Rylie" was my character in the online roleplaying game Final Fantasy XI.

There's also a short story by Stephen King called "The Little Sisters of Eluria" that kind of ties into his Dark Tower series, my favorite book series ever.

Smash Rylie and Eluria together and you get Ryluria

I also sometimes use Kaluria or other spelling variants (I think Kaluria is a place in India) "Ka" is destiny in The Dark Tower series, and Eluria again because I think it sounds pretty.

Wow I really am a nerd!
    Dx'd RRMS 5/27/11 · Started Betaseron 6/13/11

Comment

I used to live in Denver, then I got a better job in West Virginia, paid a lot more in salary too. I told my friends I was leaving Colorado to move to West Virginia and they thought I was nuts, even if I would work less and make more money.

"What would I spend my money on in West Virginia, anyway?" they asked.

"Only airfare" - to get away!

Or so they said, but in fact I loved living in West Virginia. For almost 10 years, until the next great job offer, one that was "too good to refuse."

I've always loved to travel, so I still live a modest lifestyle except for my one extravagance - only airfare, of course.

Comment

I have looked at my name and thought people might think I am an attorney- like see u in court.
        Sorry I don't make that much dough! I'm a teacher and my favorite place to visit is Connecticut. My longtime boyfriend actually lives there. So I picked see u in ct.
        ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
        Dx the first time: 10/25/11
        Avonex 1/12-10/12
        Revaluation of Dx 10/12
        Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

I was out looking at the moon one afternoon. Clouds were passing over it. Cloudedmoon just popped into my head. I used it for along time as a magical name. Then when I came out of the broom closet I started using it other places for positive energy.

Comment

When I was still working I was a office manager for a doctors office. My girls in the office always said I took care of them more like a mommy than a manager. So they started calling me their office mommy instead of their office manager. I really miss those days when I felt like I had a purpose and tried to make a difference in people lives.

Comment

Hmmm.. well, my DH has always used fixitman as his ID since he is an automotive mechanic, and fixitwoman was way too long... hence fixitgal. the 88 has no real significance for us except hubby liked the number. I have used MSfixit occasionally. Oh, and I used to help him occasionally in the shop..
              The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

No real imagination there. A part of my name is Cardi but as it is in French, I didn't know how it would sound in English so I put the ee's instead of the i. And thus, I remember that it is me who wrote

Comment

Originally posted by theofficemommie View Post
                  When I was still working I was a office manager for a doctors office. My girls in the office always said I took care of them more like a mommy than a manager. So they started calling me their office mommy instead of their office manager. I really miss those days when I felt like I had a purpose and tried to make a difference in people lives.
                  You still have a purpose I know that you will find out what it is too. And you will still make a difference in peoples' lives, only in a different way from before. You still have a purpose and your purpose will reveal itself soon enough.
                  Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                  UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I'm an artist and have always been fond of the Egyptian Ankh, which I use a variation of to sign all my art. I had a friend when I was in my teens who just couldn't remember what it was called and would always refer to it as "That Black Cross thingy on your drawings" which eventually got shortened.
                    I'm an Artist.. Your rules don't apply

Comment

When I was little I couldnt pronounce my sisters name, Paula, so I always called her Sissy. She was always on the computer, so I have her intwined in all my screen names. She passed away 10 yrs ago. She also had MS, so I figured it was fitting to have her here with me also. So, PJ (Paula Jean) for my sister and Sissy for what I use to call her and 70 for my birth year.

Comment

I am so enjoying this. Fun to read everyones response. The name Redeemed means something deep in my heart. I love Jesus and I believe he has redeemed me from sin and one day I will live for eternity with Him~ because of what He has done.

Comment

Some really touching stories here. I'm afraid the story behind my name isn't very interesting. It just happened to be the first thing that popped into my head when signing up. Considering my jerky, jabbering, jumpy personality, it probably fits though.

My mother would have to agree, often telling me I never could sit still.
                          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Originally posted by redeemed View Post
                            I am so enjoying this. Fun to read everyones response. The name Redeemed means something deep in my heart. I love Jesus and I believe he has redeemed me from sin and one day I will live for eternity with Him~ because of what He has done.
                            Amen to that! Great name!
                            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

My Last Job

Was as a PC Support tech. I am also ASCP certified medical technologist (did hospital lab tests).
                              So I figured I was a techie
                              Oh to have that brain now.
                              Can't even figure out simple stuff now when I am tired
                              techie
                              Another pirated saying:
                              Half of life is if.
                              When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                              Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
                                698 is (was?) the hull number of my last sub, the USS Bremerton.
                                Bob is short for Robert although I tried to make my offical title in the Navy "Petty Officer Bob". It didn't work.
                                thank you for your service! i have always admired military people for their dedication and allowing us our freedom. i salute you!

my DD is an AFO and my SIL (married to other DD) is into all kinds of machinery that the Navy throws at him on the USS Ross.

take care and God bless ya!
                                "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
                                X