oh boy as if MS is not enough....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh boy as if MS is not enough....

I have not had a period since August. I always said I would be excited beyond belief when this occured, instead I am freaked. I am 45.. has anyone had this occur this early?

Interestingly enough I have not really had any major symptoms of menopause. A few hot flashes and angry outbursts here and there, but mostly cool.. ( no pun intended)....

Maybe with all the other issues, my body does not have time to add any more to the mix.

LBJ

45 is not really that early.

I started skipping periods at around 43, and totally stopped at 45. I'm 48 now, and still have hot flashes!

Just to make sure the cessation of periods was not medication induced I got tested (twice!) by my Gyn to make sure it was truly menopause.

To me it's a relief.

Comment

I was in my mid-40s. Got lucky and never had menopause symptoms. After being regular, darn near to the minute, it just stopped. Checked with my gyn then decided to have tubal ligation. Knew it would drive me crazy not having a 'sign' of not being pregnant. One of the best decisions I ever made. Diagnosed with MS a year or two later.

Comment

Have an FSH done. Then you can tell if you are in peri menopause. I was in that state for 10 years
        I also took Mercette for those 10 years. You can still be tested for FSH even if you are on low dose birth control pills.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

I have missed a period four or five times in the past two and a half years. Yay!! I have been peri-menopausal since I was 37. Am 47 now. At first, my GP and gyno said I was too young to be going through "changes". I thought, "well, then, what's wrong with me?" I couldn't sleep, had hot flashes, bleeding between periods. I was a mess!

I finally found a gyno that tested me and said, yes, I am peri-menopausal. He has me taking a compounded progesterone that has worked for me.

I will, though, take a pregnancy test when I skip. Just to be sure.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have an appointment on the 16th of November. I took a pregnancy test it's negative. I will have the test done. -- yay more testing..

Comment

I'm 46 and glad to be free of monthly pain, inconvenience and expense! I had my last child 20 years ago then had my tubes tied (irony... then married a man who has 3 sons and had already had a vasectomy) so needless to say, I was more then thrilled when it stopped. A piece of cake, especially compared to MS.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I'm 44, and can't wait until it stops. Mine are so miserable. I even had an ablation done a few years ago and all it did was lighten them up some. Now they're back to the heavy bleeding, clotting, and cramping so bad it makes my whole lower body ache and cramp. It's been the bane of my existence since it started. I wish I had done a hysterectomy instead, but it wasn't offered. Had it been, I would not still be suffering with this monthly misery today.

Bring on the change, please? Soon? Next month? I keep waiting for it to show signs of stopping. So far, ugh. No signs other than it's a week late sometimes.
                I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

uggh. I dunno if I'd ask for the change. especially if they have always been bad. My last one was horrible. I thought it would never stop, I had four days of gut wrenching cramps and now no period.

LBJ

Comment

Had my last baby at 45 (didn't know at the time that I had ms) and have been peri-menopausal for 3 or 4 years. Periods were very regular and my only complaint through the years was sometimes serious depression and anxiety for the preceeding week. This was sometimes scarey when I forgot what was causing it!

Anyway, sometimes I go 3 or 4 months with no period and think it's over...then it comes back with a vengance. Most of all, I hate the hot flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by MBC3mom View Post
                      Had my last baby at 45 (didn't know at the time that I had ms) and have been peri-menopausal for 3 or 4 years. Periods were very regular and my only complaint through the years was sometimes serious depression and anxiety for the preceeding week. This was sometimes scarey when I forgot what was causing it!

Anyway, sometimes I go 3 or 4 months with no period and think it's over...then it comes back with a vengance. Most of all, I hate the hot flashes.
                      ~~~ oh no, say it aint so. I want this to be done. I have enough issues as it is. LOL.

Comment

To Jumpinjiminy

Read your post about bad bleeding with your period. It has something to do with your body isn't producing progesterine to stop the bleeding but is producing estrogine to keep bleeding. I might have that backwards. But a gynecologist could give you pills (don't remember what they were), and it will stop the excessive bleeding. My gynecologist told me at that time I was too young to be going into menopause and should just have a hysterectomy. I don't think he was acting in my best interests with that suggestion since I went into menopause a few months after that. Don't wait to talk to a competent gynecologist about this, because anemia is the result of too much bleeding which if you have MS you don't need that extra jolt of extreme fatigue.

Comment

I was post-menopausal at 40 - so were both of my sisters. My Mom was even earlier. Good thing I didn't wait until later to have child!

Comment

I started late (15) and it was over by the time I was 48. I was lucky. I never had hot flashes. I had my period regularly until I was 47, didn't get it one month and it never came back! .

I don't miss it for one second.
                            “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                            Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by deescee View Post
                              Read your post about bad bleeding with your period. It has something to do with your body isn't producing progesterine to stop the bleeding but is producing estrogine to keep bleeding. I might have that backwards. But a gynecologist could give you pills (don't remember what they were), and it will stop the excessive bleeding. My gynecologist told me at that time I was too young to be going into menopause and should just have a hysterectomy. I don't think he was acting in my best interests with that suggestion since I went into menopause a few months after that. Don't wait to talk to a competent gynecologist about this, because anemia is the result of too much bleeding which if you have MS you don't need that extra jolt of extreme fatigue.
                              I've heard that progesterone cream can help, but I've been afraid to try it. Funny thing, my HGB level is borderline high. It only made me anemic when I was younger.
                              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
                              X