That time of the month and DMD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of the month and DMD's

ok...so I have a question. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this or know of this happening.

I was on Copaxone. I decided after careful consideration that I no longer wanted to proceed with a DMD. I stopped taking the medication and almost immediately began my period (I wasn't due for 3 weeks). I continued to bleed like a light period until I was due again and had a normal period at that point (talk about moodiness and fatigue!!) That is a month of bleeding. I won't know for about 3 more days if I am going to go back to normal. (I use birth control pills).

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think its drug related? If I don't go back to normal after this period I am going to the doctor...again. But I was curious if anyone else experienced this before or knew if the drug could cause this.

Thanks
    Kim
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

I have had some irregularity with my periods as well. I re-started Avonex in January and from May-September I had extremely irregular periods. I was bleeding until I ovulated and then would start up again when my regular period was supposed to start. i actually called the drug company and asked about it and they said that it was a common side effect of the drug. You may want to call the Copaxone people and ask them. They could shed some light for you.
    I was on Copaxone before Avonex and I did not have that happen, but I also immediately got pregnant.
    Good Luck!!
    Busy mom of 3 little red heads!!!
    Diagnosed RRMS - May 2005

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I will call them and see what they say. It just seemed like an odd side effect for that type of drug, but then, I am learning that with this disease and all of the medications that go with it...anything is possible. Thanks again!
      Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Working...
      X