CRITERIA FOR TWO LIMBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRITERIA FOR TWO LIMBS

I am currently out of work and in the waiting period for LTD due to weakness of my left leg and left arm. Both my hands are extremely numb and this has been documented for several years and made worse after a hospital stay and I acquired blood clots in both arms. I also have extreme fatigue, anxiety, and depression.

I have been researching social security disability and trying to figure out if i have a chance of qualifying. My questions is when they say two limbs such as two arms, would two hands be considered two arms. My hands and fatigue are my greatest problems.

My mom has a friend who works at SSDI in a medical capacity. I also have two affected hands and she told me that was enough to qualify on that point.

She also stated that what really pushes SS forward in the area of MS are the fatigue and depression. Assistive devices cannot help with these problems.

Good luck. I'm awaiting my approval. I filed 4 weeks ago and they are reviewing all my doctor's statements. I have already been approved for LTD through my insurance company.
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Thank you Melissa for the reply to my question. Good Luck with you ss claim.

Comment

Hi, RCE, and everyone. The MS listing does refer to inability to use both arms or both legs. Sure, if one has a significant inability to use their bilateral hands, it could be sufficient to prove disability. Yes, fatigue and depression are considered, however, those symptoms can be more difficult to establish than difficulty with gait and station (walking and standing) or inability to effectively use one's bilateral upper extremities.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
        X