Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fell asleep with hard candy in my mouth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fell asleep with hard candy in my mouth!

This seemed like the right place to tell this story. I suffer so much from dry mouth from the meds I take, and the other night I was sucking on a butterscotch to help with the dry mouth, and apparently I fell asleep with it still in my mouth! I woke up with this shriveled up wad in my mouth, and the side of my face and my pillow were all sticky! EWW!
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

ewww! that is such an awful feeling!
    i did something similar with cherry (the RED ones) cough drop except it looked really gross because i was sleeping on my side and drooled.
    there was (and still is on pillow) a big red sticky spot on the pillow case!
    now if i have to sleep with cough drops i choose the honey ones that have no color!
    praying your dry mouth gets better. these meds can be brutal about that!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Oh, thank goodness I wasn't sucking on something red, because that is my favorite pillowcase, and I would've been sad if it had a big pink stain.

Drymouth stinks. I've been thinking about trying those products they make, like the drymouth toothpaste and mouthwash. But I don't know if they are meant for people with a naturally dry mouth, or if they are for people like us that have drymouth from meds. Gee, I guess I could read the label.
      Proud Mom of three kids!
      dx'd 1996

Comment

Thanks ...

Comment

I have tried the Biotine mouthwash ( I think that's the name...gee I never used to forget things...) Anyway, I didn't find it helpful for long, but for about an hour it was good.

I totally hate the dry mouth from all the drugs. I find that I drink a ton of water all day. Let's face it, that's not a good plan when you have MS, LOL.

Here's a funny story that is not MS related. 16 years ago I was widowed and had trouble sleeping for a long time afterwards. My doctor gave me Halcyon, which is a sleep med that has since been taken off the market because it was so dangerous and addictive.

So I filled the Rx, stopped at a farm stand to get peaches and went home. Shortly before bedtime I took the pill and sat down to watch TV and eat a peach.

I woke up at 5AM with what felt like a dead mouse in my mouth!!!! I had fallen asleep so quickly and completely that I was chewing when it happened!!! I was so freaked out a first because there was this furry, wet thing in my mouth, LOL.

Needless to say, I never took Halycon again!
          Melissa Goerke
          [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Eww! That's hilarious!

My son says the moral of the story is never eat and sleep at the same time!
            Proud Mom of three kids!
            dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
            X