Payee question non ms related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payee question non ms related

Sorry, I didn't realize what this forum was for MS people. I do have a disability though & have a payee. I am only posting because this is the only place I can find to ask an attorney for free.

I know I no loner need a payee. I don't want to jeopardize it either. Should, I wait tell I am 55 or 65. My disability has not improved, however technology has. I am real good with Ach, Debit card, Automated phone payment & online payment. The computer has helped me a lot. The reason I say 65. Is that if Social Security says I am no longer disabled, I can fall back on SSI.

I also heard if you move out of country, they would have to put SSDI in my name because there would be no payee agencies. I read bad things about payee agencies.

Personal, after listening to C-span. Having a payee is unconstitutional. The reason I think this it denies me the right to choose. I should have the right to mess up like anyone else (actual I have). The one that should have a payee are those who want one, a court ordered guardian or signed a guardianship form. I also watch a lot of legal shows.

I don't why any lawyer has not challenge this in court. I make mistake like the non disabled do. Nothing different.

Hi gpat499

sometimes a payee is a good thing. They take care of paying your bills and your rent for you.

If you really feel you don't need a payee anymore you can probably file something in the social security office and have them review your case. Or you can always be 'put on calender' and bring it before a judge to review.

Good luck
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi, gpat499 and camsue. I haven't heard that SSA would review one's claim just because a representative payee is removed from your account, although I have not specifically researched that issue. Check with SSA before you move out of the country to be sure that you still can receive benefits and re: the rep payee issue; it is not an issue that I have had to handle before.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X