Burning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Becky, I'm 32 years old and was diagnosed with MS in 2004. I have problems with my left leg, muscle spasms in my back and ribs "MS hug", severe fatigue, balance problems, and some urinary retention.

Since July, I've been having problems with a vaginal burning sensation. I've been to the doctor and been tested for all manner of things and have had neither relief nor a satisfying conclusion.
    It all began with a coarse of antibiotics coupled with some anti-fungals in mid June of this year. The meds were for a suspected UTI. I have issues with urinary retention so I sometimes need to catheterize myself. I don't need to do it often but when I do, I seem to get UTI's easy.

Now... 3 months later, I still have this nagging burning sensation which seems to be located in or near the vaginal opening.
    It seems that it's worse when I first wake up and have a burny pee. After that it seems to linger all day long. I was just tested "again" yesterday for a UTI and came up clean. I had the urine sent out for a culture anyway, just to be safe. I'm still waiting for those results...
    I've been tested for a yeast infection and was negative on that too.
    There's no possibility of STD's... "you have to have sex to get those." I almost wish the solution was that easy.
    I drink the proper amount of water yet I seem to be in the bathroom all the time!
    Does anyone else have this issue?

The med I currently take are:
    Advair 250/50 for asthma.
    Valium 2.5mg - 5mg daily for muscle spasms.
    Low Dose Naltrexone 1.5mg nightly for MS.

I eat gluten free and only weigh 101lbs. The diet is part of the instructions for the use of LDN. Is anyone else using LDN? If so what has been your experience with it?

I feel like I have way too many questions and no answers. I also feel alone. "Bad combination." Any info would be greatly appreciated and I would to be happy to answer any questions on this topic... I'm not shy.

Hey Becky,

The pain you describe is often called vulvodynia. And I have suffered with it from time to time, especially during exacerbations. If you google vulvodynia, you'll find lots of information, but wanted to post this one artice...it lists as a cause, MS. Up until someone pointed this out a few months ago, I knew I had it, but wasn't convinced it was MS, thought it might just be some gyn problem.

So here's the link, hope it helps.
    http://www.srm-ejournal.com/article.asp?AID=8609&UID=

Comment

re: burning

I had a burning sensation at my vaginal opening and decreased bladder control and it was a Bartholin cyst. They are common. The dr. didn't find it at first, just kept saying to soak in a hot bath. I had to insist that something was wrong and a CT scan showed it under the skin. as soon as they lanced it I was fine. Hope they find out what it is.

Jen

Comment

Working...
      X