no word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no word

Well it has been 7 months since I went to the american legion with my claim and it has been 5 months since they submitted my claim to the va. Im on ebenifits and my claim is still in the development phase. I have basically heard nothing from my vso. Is this normal??

Five months is still "in the window" but having your Legion rep hang on to your claim for two months is pretty numb on their part. Maybe its time to start looking elsewhere for a rep?
    If you never hear from them, that should be telling you something.
    Try calling your congressman's or senator's office. They might have a staffer who deals with Vets or at least they might know someone who's more efficient.

Comment

I had my C&P exam at 5 months, just fyi I am now getting disability payments from them and my claim profile is also still showing development phase
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Bob/Scooter

I am thinking about changing to the PVA in St Louis, Im just afraid of making my case even slower. I just recieved another letter from the VA in CHICAGO stating they are in back log and have not had time to look at my case at this time. I went into the service in Mo so I dont understand why my claim has been sent to Chicago,Il, is it because I now live in Il? I still dont understand why they held my paperwork for 2 months, never get a return phone call to ask why. Thanks for listening ..

Comment

There should be several options for service officers in your area.
          Ask around, other Vets in your area should have some ideas and opinions.
          In general, you should be able to find service officers at places like the Legion and the DAV. You can also check the gov't services pages in your phone book. PVA is also an option (check the threads here, there are other options I'll miss, I'm sure). Try calling your congressman and senator. They might have an S.O. on their staff or at least someone who knows the drill. The same idea also works for local gov't offices like SSI and DHHS. They might have a trained S.O. on staff or they might know someone who's effective.

Either way, its OK to interview your potential S.O.'s.

Try to get a handle on who you're dealling with. Do they act like they're over-worked (either because they're carrying a lot of vets or because they just aren't very efficient)? Do they spend a lot of time talking about all the stuff they can get for you, stuff that isn't related to what's important to you? Do they seem to act sceptical about what's important to you? Do they act like they enjoy "uncovering conspiracies" more than getting you some help? Those are the usual warning signs that your S.O. isn't going to be a good fit.

Keep in mind that you can always ammend a claim later on. Get the important stuff in your initial claim. The S.O.'s that use the Shock And Awe method of filing a claim (a paper claim that requires a hand cart to deliver) tend to forget that other people have to read the stinking thing before they rule on it.

Comment

You also should understand, the folks who are doing the investigating of your claim are regional, that's why its coming out of Chicago. Pension stuff tends to come out of Mn.
            Recall that the house went thru that period where no one knew if the gov't was going be funded. No one's saying that it caused any delays BUT how are you supposed to rule on claims if you don't know where the funding is coming from?

Comment

Working...
            X