Did the deep breath and still mad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the deep breath and still mad...

We all know life with this is tough, but thanks to a (bleep) at work, mine just got tougher. (bear with me here a sec)

There is a lady at work who is one whopping hypocondriac and habitual liar. She was in a car accident last winter and retired. She is one of those ppl always trying to be one up on everyone. No one was sorry to see her go.

Her husband and mine work in the same building, different departments and last year just after I was diagnosed and still bouncing off the wall so to speak, we ended up at a christmas party for the company together. I tried so hard to avoid her but wasn't lucky. After she rants on about how she has this and that wrong with her (and if any of it was true, she'd have been dead) she asked about work and I told her I was off for a bit for medical. DH then told her why. ( if i'd of had balance I'd have kicked him.) She then stops into work and tells everyone she has MS.

Well, two weeks ago she comes back to work part time. I left work last week because I was having alot of pain and kept losing my balance. Didn't want to hurt myself or others.

She tells everyone after I left that she was cured of her MS and doesn't understand why I don't insist to my neuro to have the correct treatments to cure this. HELLO???????!!!!! CURE????? Is this the best kept secret or what?

A friend at work just called me to tell me this and said she was in the office and the managers were discussing the validity of my problems. I bet when I go in today I'm going to have to account for my leaving. Tell me, how do I show them nerve pain and muscle spasms??

I already had to explain to the management team about the MS and its complications once. I can see I'm going to have to do it twice. (SIGH). Somedays are tougher than others

Oh My what a, as you said, (bleep)
    The managers need to know about MS before they make any assumptions about you lying.
    I am lucky like that my boss has family members that have MS so she has seen it and lived with it.
    Good luck with this woman and at work.
    DX 10/26/11

Comment

Think about how boring the world would be if we didn't have so many (bleep)s in it.

I'm thinking you weren't the only one at work to conclude that she's an (bleep). That being said, she's also messing with your bottom line $$.
      How good is hubby at playing poker? Maybe he needs to drop a hint to his buddy that you're going to lawyer up for damages against all parties in case you get terminated for medical reasons.

Comment

Get some literature from the NMSS (Call your chapter. It's free, and they have plenty of it! ). Then, give it to the person in charge in your office. Hopefully, they'll at least have half a brain.

Anyone in the world today would know that getting information on the subject is as easy as a keystroke. She must not be all that smart. .
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I have so many random thought that i think might be helpful in your situation or was useful for me when in similar situations.

you situation is more "critical" than any situation i have had to deal with, because yours has more work consequences then i had to deal with...but perhaps you can see something helpful in them?

1. a long time ago, the valedictorian of my high school class told its easy for a person to look "smart". just keep your mouth shut and people assume you know a lot....be careful of being caught into justifying yourself. or proving your situation is any more difficult than anyone elses....your hypochondriac friend has difficult mental issues to deal with herself.. keep you mouth shut on that kind of stuff on justifying your needs/actions. You have MS and that's the end of the story.

2. take advantage of the Hippocratic oath your doc is legally obligated to follow. no one but you & your doc knows what has been said in any appointment that you have had with him. Use that liberally and blame the doc in ascension for everything. your hypochondriac friend already know how to do that. you can't change what your doc has advised and she should take any disagreements she has directly to him---(tongue in cheek, you can add leave me out of it, i know he has a medical degree from many years of advanced education, has been found to be competent and licensed by the state..so after taking it up with my doc please take it up with the state licensing board.) . Since my doc is also board certified in neurology, after taking it up with my doc, the state licensing agency please follow through with the board certification agency....change the argument from your ms to an argument about your doc's competency.

3. Baffle with "BS" or "TMI'--general ms, not your specific MS..

at first after i was diagnosed a few people stopped me and on their own to tell me they knew people with ms and they did not even have to take an expensive medication for it.

i was upset, i thought people were blaming me for the health care crisis, that i was taking too much unneeded from the system...then i started questioning them in more details and i found that many of them had not been diagnosed with definite ms, they had been told they had probable MS but it never had gone one to become definite. once i realized that, i realized how i was gonna handle it...talk "ad nausea" about MS diagnosis and not allow them to get away or change the subject......people stopped saying dumb things like that once they knew it was gonna cause such an avalanche of boring MS details they were not able to get away from.

start with YEP ms is diagnosed in a process...FIRST it suspected MS after an episode that is suspicious for MS, a "CIS", THEN it goes on to PROBABLE MS meaning the clinically isolated episode that could be ms, is likely ms and there is a high probability it will go on to become Definite MS. but its not definitely MS yet.

It can become definite by by either Clinically or Laboratory Definite

Clinically is when 2 or more episodes at least 30 days apart have been observed in 2 or more area's of the CNS and could not have been caused by anything else other than MS because MS is a diagnosis of exclusion...everything else that could have caused it has to be excluded first, including psychological causes, and when all that is left MS then it is MS.

Laboratory Definite is when test like the MRI,Spinal tap, OCT show evidence of MS.

i am....(fill in blank), Definite MS. But it is very controversial of when to start treating MS. Many docs begin treatment in the probable stage, hoping to avoid getting to the definite stage. there is NO controversy about treating Definite MS or that it is anything but chronic-not curable, all doc's agree starting treatment at a definite level.

many people hear "suspected" MS or "probable" MS and just hear MS,never realize they never had actual MS,definitely, they just had probable or suspected.

I trust my doc to know my condition/treatment needs more than people who do not even realize what they have.

keep talking add more & more detail of MS about testing for MS, the history of MS & history of MS diagnosis, until they really look like they are trapped and don't let them go even after that to teach them a lesson. and prevent them from trying to do it again.!
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by fleetgirl View Post
            I already had to explain to the management team about the MS and its complications once. I can see I'm going to have to do it twice. (SIGH). Somedays are tougher than others
            do not volunteer anything "specific" unless asked directly to do so & then make sure your are legally required to provide what ever information they have requested. Keep the info general until then. make certain you understand the need for the information & how it will be used.

in a previous post some one said very intelligently, keep copies of all email correspondence & notes of your own on any situation that occurs...KEEP THE COPIES AT HOME.
            xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by fleetgirl View Post
              We all know life with this is tough, but thanks to a (bleep) at work, mine just got tougher. (bear with me here a sec)

There is a lady at work who is one whopping hypocondriac and habitual liar. She was in a car accident last winter and retired. She is one of those ppl always trying to be one up on everyone. No one was sorry to see her go.

Her husband and mine work in the same building, different departments and last year just after I was diagnosed and still bouncing off the wall so to speak, we ended up at a christmas party for the company together. I tried so hard to avoid her but wasn't lucky. After she rants on about how she has this and that wrong with her (and if any of it was true, she'd have been dead) she asked about work and I told her I was off for a bit for medical. DH then told her why. ( if i'd of had balance I'd have kicked him.) She then stops into work and tells everyone she has MS.

Well, two weeks ago she comes back to work part time. I left work last week because I was having alot of pain and kept losing my balance. Didn't want to hurt myself or others.

She tells everyone after I left that she was cured of her MS and doesn't understand why I don't insist to my neuro to have the correct treatments to cure this. HELLO???????!!!!! CURE????? Is this the best kept secret or what?

A friend at work just called me to tell me this and said she was in the office and the managers were discussing the validity of my problems. I bet when I go in today I'm going to have to account for my leaving. Tell me, how do I show them nerve pain and muscle spasms??

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,this pisses me off! People! What has become of the human race??????????????

Comment

Working...
              X