Odd Symptom of the Day :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Symptom of the Day :p

It is sooo reassuring to know that I am not the only who hears music (mostly classical) and has an eyeball that feels numb.

My sense of smell has been amplified, both things I like and don't like can barely be tolerated. I find myself holding my breath so I don't have to smell things.

My sense of taste is totally out of whack, so much so that people around me have noticed that I have changed what I eat. Last night I couldn't eat cashews because they tasted like yucky fish. I asked someone else if they tasted funny and you guessed it, everyone else thought they tasted great! Anyone else having problems with smell and taste?

If I couldn't laugh I would just go insane. - Jimmy Buffett
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Gotta Love Those Aha Moments

With the exception of dairy & legumes (they taste okay) the foods that taste wrong are proteins - eggs, poultry, beef and fish.
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Comment

A few years ago, for a month or so, my sense of taste was like I was constantly sucking on a copper penny. Ick!

More recently at times, things have no taste at all. I have to eat hot, spicy stuff to taste anything.

I also have had times when I smelled wood smoke for weeks at a time. That was weird.

Lately I've been hearing a beep in my head when I'm falling asleep. That's really weird too!

What an oddball disease this is!
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I can only relate to the numb eyeball, very very weird sensation. I could only describe it to feel like when they put the eye drops in to numb it for a test. I do have very acute hearing and hear stuff that I have to go searching for and turn off because it annoys the crap out of me.

Yes it can be very strange sometimes.

Jo

Comment

Working...
        X