Paying the Next Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying the Next Day

Do other people have a better handle on how to manage the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde aspects of MS? I had a better day yesterday until my car was towed from a NYC street despite disabled permit on the windshield (a nameless embassy did me that favor, calling the cops who had no right to move it) and I had to walk several blocks, and then take a taxi home without my car, which was traced today by the police. Today unbelievable muscle spasms that even Baclofen can't seem to calm. And I thought I was doing so much better. How to know, and how to measure? I try to walk a block w/o my cane and it seems fine, but the next day it's as if I climbed a pyramid.

If I do almost anything, I pay the next day. Trying not to keep playing it safe, but the price when I don't just seems so steep: slow, exhausting pace, feet droop, and pain.

Still trying to figure out how to actually DO anything. If course I do my stretches, day and night. But that is hardly exercise.

Anyone figure this out? I'm sure someone here has!

I wish I had the answer. Dr J and Mr H is a good description of this obnoxious disease. I get this even *without* doing anything, one minute I'm fine (as fine is as fine goes these days), and the next its like something inside has broke.

All I can suggest is keep yourself prepared for Mr H to make his appearance, ie always have enough money on you for a cab should the legs suddenly decide to go AWOL, never leave home w/o your baclofen, ect.

This disease truly suckith but trying to keep one step ahead of the game, while a 24/7 occupation, does help. Best of luck to you.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry about your car being towed- not fair!!

I have yet to figure out how to deal with ms! What may work for me one day, doesn't always work next time. I guess I just keep trying different things. Sorry, not much of an answer.

Comment

Working...
      X