HEP B Vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEP B Vaccine?

I was wondering how many current sufferers had the hep c vaccine?

Hep B or Hep C?

Comment

Hepatitis b vaccine

Comment

I had it after being diagnosed with MS without any adverse reaction.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I had the Hep B series about 6 months before I started having symptoms. One of those things that always made me go .... hmmmm?

At one time they (the medical researchers) theorized that Hep B vaccine could be a trigger...that was later dismissed.

But still makes me wonder if it was somehow a trigger for me.

Here's an article about the research they at one time believed true...as I said, they've discounted this now so I'm including a link to an article about that, also.

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...e-linked-to-ms

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vac...and_hep_b.html

Comment

All Ive had is the Flu shot,I asked my neuro & he said nothing else.
            I think it's best to ask your neuro.
            God Bless,Nona Judy

Comment

I'm thinking there has got to be some truth behind MS and the hep b vaccine. All of my symptoms started after receiving this vaccine. I have no genetic ties to MS so it gives me reason to wonder. I think there needs to be a larger study done. I saw an article where the federal court ruled on part of the plaintiff.... the woman contracted ms after receiving her hep b series and then died. The court ruled that the injection caused her harm. I will find the article and try to post here.

Comment

Well this has got me interested. I never knew of a link between hep b and MS. I started my job at my local hospital in Jan 2006 and as part of this I had to be vaccinated against Hep B which I had, I was then tested for immunity and I had no anti bodies built up so I had to have another shot and again I was tested a few weeks later but no anti bodies, so I had 2 vaccinations (they only try twice) so by this time its mid year possibly later. I was DX Nov 2007 but had symptoms (looking back) early in the year.

Very interesting.

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                  I had it after being diagnosed with MS without any adverse reaction.
                  Ditto. Also do the flu every year, H1N1 the last couple years, and had all the regular vaccines (Tdap, etc), pneumonia and boosters, all with out a problem.

The main reason some drs warn against vaccines is that they are believed by some to possibly cause an exacerbation or at least a nasty pseudo-exacerbation, though with all the vaccines I've had, the worst I recall was a sore arm. You just have to avoid Flu-Mist, the live virus flu vaccine.

However, that might be why some folks seem to have the onset of MS after a vaccine. They might bring existing, but asymptomatic or just quiet MS to the forefront by causing a pseudo-exacerbation or a true exacerbation.

Here's what the NMSS says:
                  http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...ons/index.aspx

One thing to note, especially, is the last sentence on the page.
                  People on natalizumab or fingolimod may not receive the full effect of a vaccine.

Comment

I definatley believe there is a common link. I realize that you have to take everything you read on the internet with a grain on salt but I was doing some reserch and if you google side effects of hep b vaccine its astounding the number of times MS comes up as a side effect. Furthermore, Merk who is the largest manufacturer of the vaccine is bringing in billions of dollars while the efficacy of this vaccine is little understood. There is possible data that suggests the scientists that developed the vaccine skewed their own data. I can only speak for myself when I say I was not sick prior to taking this vaccine and people out there should really be more informed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post

The main reason some drs warn against vaccines is that they are believed by some to possibly cause an exacerbation or at least a nasty pseudo-exacerbation.
                      I'm one of those that get exacerbations after vaccines. I had the pneumonia vaccine a few years ago and a week later had a month long exacerbation, so my neuro says no more vaccines.

That being said, I've probably had more than my share of vaccines years ago....hep A, typhoid, etc, plus the normal ones. For me, I didn't have symptoms after the Hep B till at least 6 months after I'd completed the series. I took the series of 3 shots because I worked in a dental office...they were spread out over a couple months.

With exacerbations from recent vaccines, they hit me within days to a week. If the Hep B was a trigger, then I'd just fit in with the other anecdotal incidents that have been reported. Too much is not known about this disease to rule out any specific trigger for any individual. That being said, I don't believe in avoiding vaccines, unless you're one of the people who have had adverse effects.

Comment

Yes I agree, dont think it 'caused' MS but maybe brought it to light.

Jo

Comment

I'm with Johooper - I don't believe that a vaccination "caused" someone to suddenly get MS.

I do strongly believe that a vaccination could be a trigger for things like MS to become "active" or symptoms to start to show.

I believe that my MS became "active" after getting the FluMist (which is a LIVE vaccination) one year; but I also believe that I had mild symptoms before the FluMist that were MS and I was not aware.

I just looked back, and my only MS relapse since diagnosis, began a week after I had my 2nd Hep B vaccination. There were other contributing factors, such as the temp rising from 50 to 80 degrees in less than 24 hours, so I can't say for sure if the Hep B was related or not. But it certainly makes me think . . .

But recent Hep A, Tdap, HIB and flu vaccines did not cause a relapse.

Comment

I got MS from the hep A and B vaccine. I am a RN. It does happen.

Comment

You can find lots of people who got MS from vaccines. Other vaccines like the Gardisil also cause neurological problems including demylination and death. There are people who got flu vaccines that caused demylation and permanent paralysis.

You have to search for the truth. Vaccines do cause damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X