Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITCHING

Anyone here have itching issues?

For a couple days now an are on my upper left leg has been itching 24/7.

The only change was I did start amantadine recently.

I have looked, don't see any rash or reason.

Gomer something new not been there or done before

Oooh yes. If, as they say, a doctor had given me a fork and prescribed violent scratching of my shins all day, every day until it went away, I would have kissed her.
    It could be a flare, or maybe you're just allergic to something.
    I thought it was an allergy to Copaxone, in my case, but I didn't realise itching could be a MS thing all by itself at the time.
    It did stop, eventually.
    Go and ask your doctor.

Comment

itchy spot

Every few months I'll have an itchy spot--different locations--my head, back,or stomach. No matter how much I scratch, it still itches. It eventually goes away. I don't have any suggestions for relief. Hope yours resolves soon.

Comment

I get this too and have scratched until I have broken the skin and didn't even realize it.
        I was scratching my hand terribly while we were traveling one day and my ex finally said..."Why are you scratching so much?" I just said..."I don't know" and kept on scratching...I think it was driving him as crazy as it was me...lol
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

Me too....and the itching can be quite annoying...good to know I'm not along....I think
          Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Sometimes a cool shower will break the itch cycle. Use a mild soap like Ivory.

Comment

YES!!!

So glad you started this thread! Thank you Gomer!!! I didn't know ppl had itching problems so now I feel better about this. I'm not CRAZY...well maybe. I have had different spots pop up itiching insane. Right now its my head. I itch it so bad that the skin is starting to break and bleed.

isamadjul
              (allyson)
              DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

It can be an MS symptom - a form of tingling. Gabapentin can help, but put in a call to your neuro.

Comment

Nerve itch is pretty common. Probably one of my first symptoms, but I didnt' know what it was at the time. There are some prescriptions available (not topical, but pills) through your neurologist.

It is like all my other M.S. symptoms, it comes and it goes. It's like my urge to go to the bathroom. There is medication for that as well (Vesicare), but that, too, comes and goes. I usually just wait things out nowadays rather than run for another script, but hey, they are there if you need them.
                  Tawanda

Comment

Going...going GONE?

As suddenly as it started, then persisted for days, (that's when I started this thread) then BINGO... I just now after getting on here I even had this very annoying itch. It was about to drive me up a wall, brick or stone your choice.

Gomer (& no I did not mention it any of my doctors)

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
                      Going...going GONE?

Gomer (& no I did not mention it any of my doctors)
                      Hey Gomer,
                      Believe me your neurologist has heard this before and will not freak (either that or he'll/she'll tell you to go home and take a shower!). If it isn't that bad, throw it on your list of "Master Questions" to bring to your next regularly scheduled visit. Maybe you can some samples of some sort. Unfortunately, I don't think this particular symptom as a quick fix. Now I'm itchy, too!
                      Tawanda

Comment

I have had extreme itching as well

Comment

I get this awful I itchy feeling on my scalp... I hate it! I don't have lice and I don't have dry skin...

It does come and go. I'm very Thankful for that.
                          Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
                          Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

Working...
                          X