Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Rich

Hello Rich or whom it may concern,
    I live in Washington State and get SSDI. I was wondering What is the limit of how much I can make from employment before they start deducting? Also If it stated in my court papers that I work as a teacher with limited hours do I have to report every school year when I start work? Just a little confused of what I should do don't want to mess my SSDI up. Thanks Sunbeam0ne.

One thing, if you go over the SGA limit they don't start reducing, they stop your SSDI.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Thanks

So your saying if I make more then $1000 a month they will take away all of my benefits but if I am under that I will get it all without any taken away or reduced? I appreciate you helping me wkikta.

Comment

Hold on a second here, wkikta. It is not true that in SSDI cases when one goes over the SGA amount of $1,000/month for non-blind employees (for the year 2011), SSA will automatically stop benefits. There is the concept of the Trial Work Period which allows claimants to test their ability to work for 9 months and even after that there is the Extended Period of eligibility. SSA's website has some pertinent information regarding returning to work.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Thank you Rich

Thank you Richard for clarifying this. I will contact them to see if I am eligible for the trial work period which being a teacher I only work 9 months out of the year and 4 hour days.. So I think that is not showing that I am improving but stabling. Correct. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, sunbeam0ne; good luck and thanks for posting.

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X