Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so frustrated could use a lift.....

hi

Yes happy me is so frustrated tonight lol. I'm really struggling lately with cognitive issues. Mostly I work thru it, read the chapters for school longer and read it 3x over. I work harder it feels like most have to just to grasp the simplest concepts.

its' been my dream for as long as I can remember to be a therapist, to help people. To know in some small way iv'e made some difference. Yet lately trying to finish up my undergraduate degree in psych well it ain't easy!

I try to explain to my husband and he tries to be compassionate as of late with it, yet he can't get it.

It takes me a long time to grasp things that should be grasped very quickly. I have to read chapters 3x to "get it", or go back to chapter repeatedly. This unnerves me greatly. oh and yea i repeat stuff over and over again....

Upon being dx'd some 7 mos. ago i was never afraid of being handicapped or disabled in the sense of using a walker, wheelchair etc. my biggest fear was losing my memory, my ability to talk freely and quickly, and to process information. We all have different fears I guess.

the head of my department at school suggested I send info in so that i can get provisions, longer test taking time, etc. like my daughter's iep provisions

anyway i had to be glum tonight and vent this one out. I'm so frustrated of my family saying honey, mom don't you remember this that the other, and im like umm no. soo frustrated with being somewhere and forgetting why i'm there, of sitting with this same chapter tonight for like 3 hours almost just to grasp the concept of memory (of all things!), and also tactile sensory junk.

thanks for letting me get this out!
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Vent away Sunshine, and have a better day tomorrow
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Frustrated

Sunshine it is terrible to be so young and so frustrated with ms problems. You will make it we all go through what you are going through and we are still here to tell the tale.

Those around you often do not understand how terrible MS is and no amount of trying to explain will help. It will make you a much better person. You will understand when others are suffering and need a kind word. This happened to me when I was your age and I'm 75 now. I have lived a good life. just not exactly the way I had chosen. You will to

Lois

Comment

Hi Sunshine, these issues are very frustrating!! Hopefully today will bring you a clearer mind and a brighter day, just like your name!

Comment

just always remember what little orphan annie said, "the sun`ll come out tomorrow..."
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi and thanks... I dont' know about better...... I took med last night and usually if i go to bed right away i fall asleep.

my daughter woke up at 230 soaking wet, so i helped her long story short was wired all night. havent' slept yet lol.

just counting hours till i can go to sleep. thanks, i often don't get frustrated but last night that was a bit ridiculous.

Jen Dx'd 5/11
            "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
            X