videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

videos

Anyone know if there are videos of people with MS? I am wondering how people walk and get along at different stages of the disease?
    It is really hard for me, as I do not know anyone else with MS. I was thinking of going to a meeting, but not sure if there is any close to me. For the most part, I walk ok, a limp and stiffness on bad days, but don't think most people would think MS.
    DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

YouTube has a lot of videos people have made of and about themselves and their MS.

Comment

Videos

The National MS Society can tell you if there are groups in your area. The local hospital might be able to tell you if there is one around. It is nice to know others in your boat. Your Neuro might be able to tell you where there is a local group. It is good to have some one close by that can share problems and ideas with.

Lois

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
        YouTube has a lot of videos people have made of and about themselves and their MS.
        I think quality MS related videos are lacking. Most too sappy or just not interesting enough. That's why I'm going to make my own.

Some on Youtube are OK...there are a couple showing gait disorders but as with all the homemade MS videos, they are specific to one person and their MS...and everyone's MS is different

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
          I think quality MS related videos are lacking. Most too sappy or just not interesting enough. That's why I'm going to make my own.

Some on Youtube are OK...there are a couple showing gait disorders but as with all the homemade MS videos, they are specific to one person and their MS...and everyone's MS is different

Comment

thanks for the replies....

I just wonder how many people I pass in a day that have MS and I am just unaware!

Do any of you walk with a fairly 'normal' gait??
            DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

I had never thought to look on YouTube for videos about MS. I think I might take a look at some point.

Daisy- Some days I almost walk completely normal and other days I can barely walk. It just depends on the condition of my legs that day. My co-workers can immediately tell whether I'm having a good day or not by the way I walk. I actually had my boss joking the one day about how he should give me a sobriety test. I guess I looked drunk. lol

Comment

Working...
              X