L'hermitte's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L'hermitte's

Whenever I read about L'hermitte's, it is described at a shock traveling down the spine when one bends the head forward. However, I experience it as a shock or pressure wave shooting up my legs from the feet or ankles up to just below my knees.It happens almost every time I bend my head forward. Is this unusual? My neuro said she has heard other patients complain of the same thing. But I wonder why I never hear that manifestation mentioned in any description of L'hermitte's?
    Dx'd on 10-17-11
    Avonex since 10/28/11 - Tysabri since 1-26-12 - 18 doses, then Betaseron since 9/4/13
    Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what? – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations Book 7

Hello chucklebug,

There is such a thing as reverse L'Hermittes. From the little bit I know of reverse L'Hermittes it is considered rare.

L'Hermittes, as I know it, happens when you bend your head downwards --- this can create sensations such as vibrations/buzzing and shock sensations from the spine down.

The sensations created by bending the head down will only last seconds but can be repeated each time you bend your head down.

With reverse L'Hermittes common sense would suggest the same sensations could happen when bending the head down but in...reverse.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Leave it to Gomer to be different. I don't get those SHOCKS as often these days. Mine have always been from the R-neck to top of head instead.

I used to get them a lot when I was 13 or so. Now when I get one, they are real NASTY! Instead of the little quick zap and all is well, I had one a couple years ago that made it very difficult to walk, even with a walker, about 15-20 minutes later. At least it slowly got better within about a week.

Gomer

Comment

WOW...I have reverse ones. I was thinking it was something unrelated. Another thing I can tell my PCP next week.

Comment

Originally posted by loadedbutane View Post
          WOW...I have reverse ones. I was thinking it was something unrelated. Another thing I can tell my PCP next week.
          Hello loadedbutane,

It would probably be a good idea to let your doctor know.

L'Hermittes is not exclusive to MS, but when related to this disease L'Hermittes is caused by lesions on the Cervical Spinal Cord.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X