Sinking Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinking Heart

As I read through many of these posts my heart sinks lower and lower. I have been experiencing many symptom for a while now and I have gotten very good at blaming them on all sorts of things. At the beginning of the summer my eyes starting bother me, the left more than the right, but it was simply age (or so I thought) and I got reading glasses (that didn't help). The heat this summer seemed unbearable, once again an age thing I decided. i have developed what I like to call "the princess and the pea thing" where my senses seem heightened, I can't stand the feeling of a crumb on the bottom of my foot, it feels like a boulder. Washing my hair makes my arms feel like lead. That restless leg that I had years ago is back and not just at night and not just in my leg.

As I look at the list it seems ridiculous, and there is more. I guess it is the worsening vision part that has got me scared enough to make a doctors appt, that and the fact that my Psychiatrist called me out on it. When he did balance and walking tests I failed miserably. I feel as if I have backed into a corner and my first instinct is to attack rather than ask for help.
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

It's hard to face the unknown when it seems safer to hide. I feel like that too. I know I need to see a gastro doc and have put it off, then off again.....sigh...

Glad you have good support in your therapist. Since your primary symptom seems to be vision, an opthamologist is a good idea no matter what else is going on.

It's been reported that those who present with visual problems first, often have a mild course of MS. Can't promise that, but that may give you something positive to think about.

Diagnosis is scary, but once you know what is going on your emphasis can change to doing what you can to stay healthier. You have to know what your facing in order to do that. Best of luck in finding out what is going on with you!

Comment

Your heart is sinking, and you don't even know for sure whats going on. A freind once taught me a saying that has helped me thru the years: "don't go ugly early". And so if you find you have MS, does that change anything? Your symptoms haven't changed as a result of diagnosis. I have had MS for over 30 years, and I plan to do well for the rest of my life. Hang in there. And go see a doc.

Comment

Working...
      X