Muscle pain in jaw on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle pain in jaw on one side

I am having a bad day. Bad in the sense that nothing really happens right. I got so much stress that I broke out in hives on my left arm, took some antihystamins and calcium but it is still very uncomfortable to the touch. After this my left jaw started to cramp or I don't know how to put it any other way it tightens periodically and makes me drool and it hurts. Does anyone have some ideas what this is? Could the hives and the jaw be connected? Last night I injected C into my left arm. But I have been doing that for almost two years...
    RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
    on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
    Starting interferons hopefully soon.

I have had a muscle pain on the left side of my jaw for a couple of weeks, just went away. I was not thinking of this as MS related. It felt like I over extendended the muscle, hurt to chew.

I was recently on Betaseron (at time of jaw soreness), just looking to move to Tsabri, if I test negative to the PML test.

It will be interesting to learn if others have had this issue. I will also ask my doctor if he is aware of this as an MS cause.

For what it is worth, mine lasted about 2 weeks, gone for a week.

Comment

It could be trigeminal neuralgia which is related to the cranial nerves and is often MS related. I usually place an ice pack on that side of my face and wait for my pain meds to kick in. It is painful. Mine is not continuous. I usually have it once a day for a few weeks and then it goes away. Hopefully, you will find some relief soon.

Comment

I have this fairly often, always on the left side. I try to eat soft food for a few days and it subsides. My dentist says I may be bruxing (clenching jaw) while I sleep and offered to make a bite guard for me. I think it's the same spasms that plague my feet and legs. Have you noticed that the skin on the affected side is more sensitive?

Comment

It is funny I come to think of it that one of my first symptoms was the dullness on the left side of my face and had issues with muscles keeping my face "up". So i guess it is the same thing again, maybe brought on by yesterdays stress. It came and went all day. My rash is still there and i got some more so will have to get an allergy test of some sort. Last night when i injected myself my whole back felt like i broke out in hives but DH didn't find anything amiss. Must have been the usual paresthesia.
          RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
          on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
          Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
          X