Flare and seizures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare and seizures

Last week I had 2 episodes of what eye witnesses describe as looking like "grand mal seizures" I have been hospitalized twice in one week because of these episodes.... I have been in a wheel chair for a week when up, bed or couch the rest of the day..... Neuro says I'm prob having spinal seizures, have clonus and spasticity returning in lower extremities, and INO's (internuclear ophthalmoplegia) in Very short-- my eyes do not move in conjunction with each other..... I am the sickest I have been in a year and Neuro says at this rate I will not walk again and I am PISSED!!!! I want to be the one driving my kids to school and taking my teen to get weird stuff done to her hair!! I want to be tired from the day to day hustle and then driving my kids to dance lessons!! I HATE this!!!! I got SO mad today I almost killed myself but I got in the wheelchair and baked my kids cookies ...I Hate my life being stolen from me and my kids!! My daughter has a pageant tomorrow and told me PLEASE don't make yourself sick trying to come--- I will crawl to be there! God above Please Please let me be there!!!

Good Lord woman, that sounds just awful. Is there any medication that can help?
    And I know you don't want to hear it, but you really shouldn't do too much. Go to the pageant in a wheelchair by all means, but no more cookie baking until you know what's going on.
    I'm sorry this is happening to you, and I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

First reply not there yet. When I say you don't need to be baking cookies, I mean physically, I do understand how much you need to do it.

Comment

Thinkimjob----- I Do understand about the cookie baking! Believe me! It is something me and I'm 11 yr old used to do Together!!!! She loves cooking and baking and she was down yesterday with all the pageant stuff going on so while my mom had my oldest out doing nails and stuff I thought I could cheer her.... I did all the work and Believe me I felt it!

I'm very hurt that I can't be more Active in her pageant but my daughter has asked that I please do her makeup saying, " I LOVE the way you do our makeup!". That made me feel good and A part..... I do plan to spend the morning in the bed and the pageant in the wheelchair....it just makes me So mad and hurt to watch my parents become the primary caregivers of my children (hubby hightailed it). Just had 13 months of being disabled..... Praying Ty is the "Miracle"drug my Neuro says it is.

Love and good wishes (from the bed )

Do u have kids?? How do u handle This part of it?

Comment

Oh yeah, I got carried away, I do that, the meds u asked about.... Right now doc is trying under the tongue klonopin then another in 5 min if I'm still having seizure type activity.... If that does not do it we go to valium and to the ER where they are to call Him not that local Neuro they have been calling who says "now, who told you that you had MS? Didn't your husband just leave?". If I could kick him in the twins he'd still be coughing them down!!! My regular Neuro could Not believe his behavior!

Love and best wish (not from the kitchen baking cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Sdickerson1 View Post
            If I could kick him in the twins he'd still be coughing them down!!!
            You know, that you don't have to be able to kick right?? I am sure you could get a jerk/spasm/twitch just about shoulder height (if you were sitting down) and twitch away!

I think that condesencending arrogant pos needs to be reported by you to the hosptial. They really need to know how very close they are to a lawsuit.

Sorry for the violence up there, just wanted to be sure you knew there were options open to you.... lol Anyways, I am so sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine feeling that way and having children at home as well. Please though, channel your anger. You are very much on the edge and some emergency therapy would help you greatly right now. You are talking suicide but you know that would be the most selfish thing you could do to your kids right? I know you aren't that way, your babies love you dearly. Besides, getting mad is good for you. It exhausts you but allows you to get some anger out as well (in my opinion anyhow).

I wish there were something that we could do or offer to help you. The internet is great for bringing people together and held apart at the same time. Please see about counseling though, explain the situation and maybe one can even come to you at home. Try.

Debbie

Comment

Morning/ evening.
              How did the pageant go? I don't have children of my own, found out about my MS too early, also not a fertile family at the best of times. Partner has nine, (yes that would be nine). Two of them are older than me, so it's more step grandmother territory.

Comment

Working...
              X