flushed but no fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flushed but no fever?

There is just nothing typical or "normal" about MS, is there?????

The last week I have had off and on times throughout the day where I feel like I have a fever. No aches, sometimes a headache, but when I take my temp it is 96 or 97. My face felt hot, I was sweating. It was so bad at work today I took ibuprofen (even though pcp wants me to stay away from that).

That did not work, so I ate 2 snickers bars (yeah, 2, can't believe that!). I was able to finish teaching with a much better attitude and less head pain and sweating after that!

Any ideas about what is going on? Is this an MS symptom anyone else has?

thank you for any insights.

karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

How old are you? Could it be menopause?

Or, I remember before I was found to be hypoglycemic, I would get the sweats and shakes and a headache when my insulin levels crashed.

Just two thoughts...

Comment

Another thought, I was just dx by my Neuro yesterday as having hypo-thyroidsim. When I googled MS and hypothyroidism, there are many common grounds they cover: fatigue, weakness, cooler body temps, nerve pains, mental fatigue (cog fog), depression, etc. The list goes on endlessly it seemed. Having these 2 auto-immune issues means to also have your dr watch you closely for diabetes also.

Going into your PCP or Neuro is a very good start. Write ALL symptoms down. Even those you don't think are related. I have been very bad about that, so I forget things. lol

Debbie

Comment

This may be of the mark, but have you gotton your hormones checked for the flushing. or since you said the candy bars worked, did anyone ever check diabetic levels. just wondering.

Comment

never thought of that....

yeah, I am 51. Why did that never occur to me?

I bought a glucose moniter and am looking at my sugar levels when I feel awful. too early to tell yet.

Thanks other karen, these were ideas I should have thought of.

karen (zilphia01)
          You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Just a few thought beyond the thyroid possibility.

Sometimes meds can cause flushing (check the side effects of any meds you're taking); some supplements like niacin can cause flushing; I flush a lot and seem to have high metanephrines (so they chalk it up to that...why I have this, not quite sure yet, figuring MS autonomic dysfunction.). Hormones and thyroid have been mentioned.

if you're hot and flushing a lot...try sipping on ice water or a fan or ice pack to hold up to your face/neck. It's an annoying occurrence for sure, plus if you're like me, it's not something that you can hide...the whole world knows your face is bright red.

Hope you find a solution!

Comment

Working...
            X