Strong Pain and Spasms in My Legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong Pain and Spasms in My Legs

My wife is currently suffering from extreme pain in her legs. She said it feels like she is being stabbed with a knife. Happens at different times of day, and makes no difference if she is sitting down or walking. Is there a Med she can take to try and relieve this. Her Doc put her on magnesium. Is this the normal prescrip for this?

Thanks in advance.

Your wife needs to talk to her neuro about medications to treat her pain.

Here is some information about treating pain in MS:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...ain/index.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

If it's muscle spasms, she might ask for a prescription of either baclofen or Zanaflex, both are muscle relaxers. If it's shooting nerve pain (that I call zingers), gabapentin or Lyrica can help.

Magnesium deficiency can cause these types of pain too, but if your wife has MS, the pain may not respond to the magnesium.

I hope she gets some relief soon.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
      X