leg weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leg weakness

Just wondering if anyone else has had muscle weakness in their legs? The last 24 hours my legs have been weak and sometimes feeling like jell. Walking down stairs is interesting since my legs feel this way right now. Anybody have problems now or in the past with this?

Pretty common, could be leading into a flare, could just be fatigue. Main thing is...don't fall. Get a mobility aid, whether that be a cane, or rollator/walker. When your legs feel like that, sometimes you can just fall down with no notice. BE CAREFUL!!!!

Comment

My legs have felt that way for the past 5 years. feels like I'm walking up stream in a strong current of water. If I try and squat my thighs will not hold me up and I will go all the way down. While standing I cannot lift my legs up to put on pants. I am on Ampyra which does help with walking. going up steps and stairs is a real challenge.

Comment

I've had leg weakness for 10 years. So weak I haven't walked a single step for about 6 years. I can stand for 3-4 minutes holding onto something such as parallel bars, but even then lack the strength to take even one step.
        Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! I went to see my neurologist on Friday finally and she said it is a relapse. My first one since finding out that I had MS 4 years ago. I will have steroid treatments mon, tues, and wed, so hopefully that will help. Anyways, it's very helpful to hear about your experiences with this and how you dealt with it!

Comment

Yep. Early September my legs got really heavy and weak like they would collapse any minute. My neuro said it was an attack and started me on oral steroids which fixed the weakness, but didn't fix the pain everywhere that went on until now, though I have felt pretty good the last couple days.

Comment

I'm re-experiencing this for the first time since last year. It came on with flu virus, and now my thighs feel like I did 100 squats yesterday. Not much fun going down the stairs. You gotta love a split level home with these issues. Ah well, I like to tell myself little lies and say it keeps me in shape having all those stairs. Who knows, maybe it does.

Funny how it's just the thighs that feel weak and nothing below that. I find it odd.
              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
              X