My legs aren't agreeing with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My legs aren't agreeing with me

My legs aren't agreeing with me. They hurt even when I'm sitting down. Last Wed my brother flew my dad and brothers to Buffalo for his son's football game, he's QB for UCONN.

We had a great time, I went to Niagra Falls(twice and the Cave stairs were tiring).

We celebrated my grandma's 95 Birthday, saw cousins, aunts, uncles, farms, wow, there was a lot of things, especially 82 of us at the UCONN/Buffalo game that was awesome.

Now, starting Monday, my legs are sore and hurt, I don't mind that I walk like a drunk, but my legs are hurting.

Is it because all of the walking that I did?

If it is, why would my legs would hurt for several days.

Wow, sounds like you had a great and busy week. I would dare say that's why your legs aren't agreeing with you. Try to get some rest, take whatever pain or anti-spasm meds you might have, and hopefully you'll be up to par soon. (And if the pain continues more than a few days, consult your doctor.)

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

That happens to me too, and if I am not careful (and I mean very careful) I will pay for a long time for that kind of outing. My situation happens on a smaller scale, like if I walk more than a mile in a day, then I am in trouble. I have to be really careful. Like last night we were at my son's football game and I had clearly gone over the limit at school, so standing and walking around there made me walk like an older lady needing to hold my husband's arm. It gives you a good idea of what your "limit" is so to speak I guess. I kept hoping that I was just in a bad spot and this would get better for me but my doctor pretty much told me I should start to accept it.
      I hope my experience helps you. I would say to rest as much as you can the next few days.
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Originally posted by Deer In Headlights View Post
        Is it because all of the walking that I did?
        Possibly.

It's possible to have leg pain when doing nothing. I deal with bi-lateral leg pain (off and on) regardless if I have been busy or doing nothing.

I asked my neuro years ago if I should relax when my legs hurt and am I making my legs worse if I keep going. He told me if I feel like I need to sit down a relax then do it if not then keep doing whatever I am doing. He said it really doesn't matter.

Many times I keep going other times I give in and sit down -- my legs can hurt regardless.

If it is, why would my legs would hurt for several days
        If you are not used to the physical activity you did then more than likely you over did it and it can take a day, two or more to recover.

If you have any medication for spasticity that might help the pain.

BTW -- I am glad to hear you had a good time
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

tired legs

I have similar symptoms, although never any pain. I get very tired and my feet drag, and balance issues (my only symptons). So, certainly not too difficult to deal with. Have you had any walking improvement from meds? I tried Baclofen which did not help. I have been taking AmPyra, which seems to help just a little.

Comment

I also take Ampyra and been taking it for about a year. I don't walk into as many walls as I use to, I mean, I don't hold up as many walls from falling down.

Comment

Working...
            X