Better safe than sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better safe than sorry

I finished my third day of IVSM yesterday. I started feeling bad with shortness of breath, dizziness and some tightness in my chest. All of which I read were possible side effects of IVSM. To be safe I called my neuro who in turn sent me to my PCP who sent me to my cardiologist who did an EKG and put me straight in the hospital when the EKG came back abnormal. They have scheduled a heart cath for this evening.

There I was assuming it was IVSM and well here I am now waiting. I have seen other posts like this in the past and it so important not to ASSUME ANYTHING!!!

Moral is if you are uncertain on wether to call or not, call!
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Good call

Very true to check it out! better to be safe then sorry is what my mom always said !

Hope it all works it. I always end up feeling bad on IVSM for about 2-3wks after treatment. But in the long wrong it shortens the swelling so its all a trade off.

Feel better and lets us know how it goes.

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Wow! Please keep us posted how you're doing. You're in my prayers. Nona Judy

Comment

Thank you for the reminder waydownsouth! This rang with me as soon as I started reading it as I just finished me 3rd day yesterday. No bad side effects so far though.

Sure hope your testing comes out okay and that the steroids are doing their thing for you as well!

Comment

Well I made it home last night. Heart cath came out clean. He said my arteries were as clean as a teenagers my heart is in great shape. So that is good news. CT scan shower some fluid in my lungs. He said he suspected that came from the steroids. So I was a long 3 days.

With all that going on the stress of everything caused a pseudo. My hands and feet were going numb and tingly off and on. I thought D@-!$ give me a break.

My neuro is a great guy and doctor. He said MS patients present a special problem. He said doctors have to sort through what may be MS and what is not. It told him it was nice to be special. We both had a good laugh. We both finally agreed my problems were from Steroids. Now I get to start my taper. May be a long couple of weeks coming up. But at least I have that to look forward to. LOL! So, if/when I have another flare I will be faced with a tough decision. It will come down to how bad the flare is.

Thanks for the well wished
          Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
          Babe Ruth

Comment

WHEW!!!

Thanks for the update. Glad to know your heart is looking so young! Keep up the good work on that front.

Its a hard choice when you have a flare but like you said at least now you know and can make a decision from this point on.

I hope your taper goes fast and you start to feel more like you soon.

isamadjul
            (allyson)
            DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Working...
            X