Picking on Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking on Others

I haven't ever been a BIG poster but I use to come here and find relief. Its seems when I come now and read some of the Threads and what ppl post...the orginal thread gets lost in the small petty, picking that happens inside the thread.

What happend to replying and supporting and giving of ourselfs? I'm sure I turned petty in a post at some point but it seems like every other thread I read the more posting the more the anwser gets lost.

My point is kind of cheesy but...CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER WITH OUT ACTING LIKE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!

If I offend then I'm sorry but its what i'm seeing and how I feel. There's a difference between voiceing your opinion and picking a fight. If you do it all the time...then maybe you need to look inside yourself and not post the dislike onto a thread that a person has a concern on. I also want to clarify that this has nothing to do with anything I've posted just what I've seen.

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

agree-well said!

i've noticed this too, and I want to add that I really appreciate when someone takes my questions seriously (no matter how dumb it sounds) & gives me a good, honest answer.

Comment

Good for you, Isamadjul! Good for you to remind us what we are here for.

I haven't noticed it so much on this sight but on another sight I go to some people can be really nasty.

I hope your thread brings some awareness to those who are doing this. We have MS. We don't need any more stress.

Comment

Very well said allyson;
        I guess it is easy to get sucked into something like that if it tugs at an emotional string and I'll step up and say if I ever have offended anyone I'm sorry. I try to answer how I would like my post answerd and be helpfull when I can and share what little knowledge I have at this point in my MS

Comment

Oh, I don't know - I think this is the most good-natured MS forum site I've ever visited, and the most interesting.
          People are very supportive and kind.
          I like the fact we can 'talk' about controversial stuff, and about how we really feel physically and psychologically. There's nowhere else like it.
          Difference of opinion should be taken as just that. Just because I might not agree with something someone posts doesn't mean I dislike that poster.
          Threads about issues that people feel strongly about are always going to get a bit tense.
          I love the place.

Comment

Guess I missed something..????
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I KNOW, no guess I must have missed something. From my experience here, this board is one of the best run, with the best people in the whole WWW!

I HAVE noticed OTHER sites, not MS related, have gotten much worse in recent months or more. On one site I frequented for quite a few years, it go so bad I asked for the removal of a moderator. In that case the that moderator (a paid not volunteer) was actually facilitating and exacerbating the problem instead of doing the job/duty.

It happens from time to time on the web, but I have not noticed it here..YET! I must confess I do not read every post or thread.

When times, especially economics are tough, people do get more touchy, defensive and even crime in general increases.

I find MS WORLD refreshing, supportive & cordial.

Gomer Like I see it, like it or not

Comment

I agree with job and gomer.

I read this site every day, and the only "petty, picking" I have seen this year was because of an ill informed poster who made statements that upset a lot of posters, and then never returned to explain his/her statements.
                They deserved what they got.

I see mostly educated, helpfull, supportive people on this site, so I must have missed something also.

Comment

isamadjul,

Threads can sometimes take on a life of their own.

In real life if you are in a discussion with a group of people there will be debates and differing opinions. MSWorld or any message board is not much different. We all have different experiences with this disease and different life experiences.

If everyone agreed on every topic and only offerred hugs and kisses MSW would be a very boring place...in my opinion.

MSW has guidelines. If at anytime anyone feels someone has posted something that violates those guidelines there is a RED triangle on the upper right hand corner of each post --- click it and you can report a post.

MSW guidelines:
                  http://www.msworld.org/guidelines
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

A good example is the MS/suicide thread.

A lot of differing opinions, but all done with respect and no nastiness.
                    The way it should be.

Comment

I'd like to explain

but in order to do that I would fall down into the pit . Calling out certain threads or ppl isn't what I am all about and I would NEVER dream of doing that! I think in general this is a good thread to bring to light that we all just need to stay kind to each other. Whether you feel you are right or wrong, staying true to yourself I agree is important. When you express your opinion on a post that is what we ask for when starting a thread! I agree to that 100%!!!

I'm saying that inside some threads people are taking it to far and starting little mini battles with others or what I see (and maybe I'm the only one) as snide remark. All I'm saying is that I think most of us take this site as a true relief, info, place to find friends and others like us.

So lets stay nice, stay true to you (if you're nice ), remember why you responded to the thread and that sometimes you don't need to add that last little remark. Its not always necessary to get the last word.

isamadjul
                      (allyson)
                      DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

i agree with the OP that we should all be respectful, and not petty, but moreso I agree with later posters that said they don't see this forum in that light. This forum seems to me to always be supportive, and very importantly, candid and honest.

Comment

Originally posted by isamadjul View Post
                          I also want to clarify that this has nothing to do with anything I've posted just what I've seen.

isamadjul
                          (allyson)

Of course... Just having fun isamadjul.

I don't think the site has a big problem with petty back and forth bickering. Personalities are always going to come into play.

Comment

One Man's JUNK may be another man's treasure........

Generally here, we are free to speak out mind, ........within reason.

Sometimes a person may be posting a sarcastic
                            post, usually its obvious, (sometimes the author notes it as such) but once in a while it gets taken otherwise, that's normal.

Aside from downright getting nasty or personal attacks,(or legal issues) we NEED the freedom of speech, else a lot of good material will be end up getting lost, if even dared to be posted.

EVERY human has good days and bad days (relatively speaking). Even people in perfect health, let alone dealing with a serious life altering health issue, and some of us more than one serious health issue.

I have 2 basic rules I think are important;

-1- Mutual RESPECT....... When my kids were getting married, that one my major rule for my soon to be wed kids. There is no way any group of 2 or more people are going to live or interact with each other w/o differences of opinions from time to time.

-2- The GOLDEN RULE..... is a fantastic guide that everyone can and should follow.

Another thingy........ IF you begin reading a post and for ANY reason do not agree with or like what is being said or it's tone, you can SKIP IT. go to the next post or thread. No one puts a virtual gun to anyone's head ordering you to read anything, and that goes for anywhere on the web.

IMO...the moderators do a wonderful job here

BTW SNOOPY....... I have never noticed a RED triangle? Maybe its just MY system. I am currently using firefox. I have not had any need for it anyway, so to me it does not matter.

Gomer
                            My Tuppence for Tuday.........

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
                              I have never noticed a RED triangle? Maybe its just MY system. I am currently using firefox. I have not had any need for it anyway, so to me it does not matter.
                              Gomer,

At the top right of any reply window are three icons:

The middle one, shaped like a triangle with an ! in the middle, is for reporting a post. An email is sent directly to the moderation team for further action.

Do you see it now?

Comment

Working...
                              X