Doctor's visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor's visit

It was an interesting visit I had with the doctor yesterday. I got lotsof answers. Actually more answers then I needed. I have several active brain, leisons. More nerves demylinated then before. That was no surprise. I expected ,to hear that.

The muscles in the larynx, pharynx and diaphram are greatly weakened. I was not expecting to hear that. They want to do things to try to strengthen those muscles but with all the demylination they feel it will be difficult.

They could do surgery but I don't want to spend 9 hours in a surgery that might not even work. I could do a week of IV treatments which possibly could slow things a little bit or I could just wait til a real emergency happened. As you can see I have some decisions to make.

It was suggested I see 2 other doctors but I'm tired of Doctors and I'm sure the results won't change. Enough about me. I'm going to go have some fun.

Lois

Don't you just love it when they tell you things you already secretly know?

Listen, try the exercises. As long as they're not going to hurt you, why not?
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Hi Lois -
      I'm sorry you had such crappy news.

I'm with Jazzgirl, try the exercises, or ask to see an OT/PT. I have a friend having the same problems, they just scoped her and there isn't much they can do for her at this point - it has progressed too far, but it sounds like they caught your's early enough that you do have the opportunity to try the exercises! That's good news!!!

I know how you feel about docs too - it gets exhausting. I didn't realize how many times I saw a doc in the last couple years until last week when I had to go through my paperwork looking for one specific doctor appointment. OMG! BUT - if it seems like it's getting worse and the docs are telling you to see another doc, it might be a good idea.

sounds like you have time to decide that, so take the time. get the exercises!!!!

Hope you had a lot of fun!
      This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Doctor's visit

Actually I have been having several problems all with the upper body. It started out with breathing, gradual hoarseness to almost no voice at any time. Then optical neuritis also continuous. Now I have added a swallowing problem which they seem to be the most concerned about. This has been going on for over two years and slowly getting worse to the point breathing is difficult, speech is almost non existant and the eyes I can live with. I just haven't heard many talk about these problems especialyl prople who have all of them.

Lois

Comment

Hi Lois-
          well, you aren't the only one. my friend has all those same things. they have been gradually getting worse as well. they scoped her throat and said it wasn't cancer - very helpful. I know it's not much help, but you aren't the only one having those same problems.
          This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Working...
          X