Hospitalization HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospitalization HELP!!!

It has been a while since I have been on here. I have been on Capaxone for three months now and was feeling pretty good. I was doing more, still having a few symptoms now and then, but nothing that was knocking me off my feet. Monday night during my oldest sons football game it hit me. Vertigo started and I actually had to grab hold of a friend so that I wouldn't fall. It came and went all night long. I would wake up in the middle of the night with the room spinning and pain and cramping in my arms. My husband had to call into work late so that he could get the kids dressed and ready for school. I was in bed til 10:30 and was able to make it to the couch before cramping and pain in my legs took over. As the day went on my head started hurting, my body started shaking and cramping, and the vertigo would not go away. My eye sight has been coming and going. Called doctors office yesterday and now he wants to admit me into the hospital as soon as today and start a series of steroid treatments. I am scared out of my mind because he told me at the begining of this whole ordeal that he very rarely has to put patients in the hospital anymore. Who has done these treatments and how did it all go? I have 4 kids and my hubby is in the Army. Do I need to get family to come help take care of my kids? How do I prepare for this? This has been one of the worst flare-ups I have had. My head actually burns. Now I cant stop crying because I dont know how to explain this to anyone!! HELP!!!

I am in the hospital for same reason. Today is day 3 for me and am feeling better. Vision is about 75 % restored. The Solu-medrol makes you feel better, hungry and a little irritable. I could see improvement after first dose. Feel better soon.

Comment

I just finished day three but I have taking mine at home. I have found that it makes me very tired right after the infusion but the energy level picks up later. Last night and today I have noticed a shortness of breath and some tightening in my chest. I think if this continues I will be forced to call my doc. I will not give it long.

Good luck to you! As with MS these treatments affect everyone different.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I was in the hospital 2x for really severe exacerbations that couldn't be handled at home. It's scary, but actually a little comforting knowing that you won't have to do anything but start to recover and take care of YOU!

You will need to get someone to help with your kids unless your husband can take some time off.

Good luck, feel better, and keep us posted!
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I had a 5 day course of IV Solu-Medrol done at home. A nurse came Day 1 and set up the IV. I did days 2-4 and then she came back to take it out on day 5. The only side effect I had was an exaggerated response to heat. But a little sweating was way worth the almost instan symptom relief!
          At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

You asked, "how do i prepare for this?"

First, I would take a few minutes and make a list of everything you will need. At the top of the list, put your cell phone charger.

My list has all my personal items, pen and lots of paper, something to read, list of medications and even some of the medications. They don't always have everything.

Then, make sure all the phone #s you will need are programmed into your cell phone.

Check to make sure all the bills are paid and write out some in advance.

Appoint someone to manage the home front and give them instructions.

Then pack your bags and relax. It will be OK.

Comment

I just got out of the hospital for the second time in a week.... Took 3 days sol and was back in hospital 3 days later... My husband is navy and a geo bachelor ( against my better judgement under the circumstances) we have 3 kids and I have been disabled and unable to drive for a year due to my vision... I am completely dependent on my family which I Hate!!! But when hubby says he's going to a ship--- what r u going to do? My hubby is Navy first!!! Don't know if it's is the same for u.... With navy he was under the HUMS package which u prob know is the exceptional family member plan.... Basically his first priority was me and the kids and he did Not deploy.... He had one yr he could be under it and then had to retire or have a stable support network for me and kids---- ssssooo, he brought us to my home town where my parents live and Anchors Away!!!!! If ur hubby does not want to do HUMS or whatever the army calls it-- get family!

Best wishes!! Military wife makes this NO easier!

Comment

Working...
              X