COMPLETELY BLIND LEFT EYE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3

I just got my 3rd steroid dose today and unfortunately, I see no improvements in my vision or the pain. The pain does susbside for about 24 hours after I get the treatment, but comes right back afterwards. Tomorrow is my last day of steroids and then I'll be on 60mg of prednisone for 10 days.

I think I should clarify that what I do "see" is all white. My eye is not completely black, it is however, completely white. It is the weirdest and most annoying feeling ever. At times I can see shadows, but my color vision is completely gone. When I have instances that I'm seeing something, it's purely in black and white.

I'm trying to be hopeful, but it's very difficult for me. The last time I had a relapse, it involved my legs. In fact, that's what led to my diagnosis. The steroids helped so much that within 2 days I was walking normally again.

Thank you to everyone that has been responding and giving me their opinions. I'll keep updating my situation and I hope to get more feedback. Thank you all.
    Diagnosed Feb. 2011
    Rebif 3/11-5/11;Copaxone 6/11-10/11;Gilenya 10/11-present

Comment

Your Doing GREAT

Your doing a great job of staying strong, and if it helps I had the total white out in my right eye. I did 3 days of steroids and didn't notice a difference. It took 4 weeks post-steroids before my vision started to improve. 3 months total before it was almost back. I'm only 32, haha only 32, that feels so old compaired to 18. But anyway, try to believe in the medicine and your doctors. Sometimes things do get better. The hardest part is in the waiting for it. It did help me a whole lot to chart things and keep a paper by the bed I put something on the paper and every night just jotted a little note about what I saw. Most nights it was nothing, but a few weeks in I started to see SOMETHING From then on I wrote exactly what I saw and I was able to chart and see how things were improving little by little. Perhaps this would help you, I really believe in seeing the little accomplishments. Somedays that is all that keeps me going!
      Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky282 View Post
        Your doing a great job of staying strong, and if it helps I had the total white out in my right eye. I did 3 days of steroids and didn't notice a difference. It took 4 weeks post-steroids before my vision started to improve. 3 months total before it was almost back. I'm only 32, haha only 32, that feels so old compaired to 18. But anyway, try to believe in the medicine and your doctors. Sometimes things do get better. The hardest part is in the waiting for it. It did help me a whole lot to chart things and keep a paper by the bed I put something on the paper and every night just jotted a little note about what I saw. Most nights it was nothing, but a few weeks in I started to see SOMETHING From then on I wrote exactly what I saw and I was able to chart and see how things were improving little by little. Perhaps this would help you, I really believe in seeing the little accomplishments. Somedays that is all that keeps me going!
        That's very reassuring thank you!!! I can't see bringt lights of any kind. I literally stand in front of my big screen tv and there is no reflection whatsoever. It's like a flashlight's been turned off in my eyes.
        Out of curiousity, what medication are you on? I'm still wondering if Gilenya would be the right choice for me.. I'm fearful of the fact that it's relatively new. I'm also terrified of the potential hair loss. That's something I really don't need at this point.
        Diagnosed Feb. 2011

Comment

Hi,
          I have been dx with ms for 23 years and I've only had ON once in that time. I too lost vision in one eye that lasted for a couple of weeks. That incident occurred not long after my dx.
          Hang in there friend and check in here any time you need to.
          Tea
          DX 1988. Avenox for 6 years, Copaxone for 6 years and LDN for 3 years.

Comment

Update

So, my neurologist suggested that instead of 3 days on steroids, I opt for 5. I did that.
            NOW..... I am suffering from a severe case of acne on my chin and around my nose. They are mostly whiteheads.

As far as my vision goes, sometimes I feel as though I'm ''seeing" improvements, but at other times, it appears as though everything is foggy up again.

I'm now on day 2 of a 10 day prednisone taper. I will be taking 60mg daily for the next several days.

One thing I have noticed is that my jaw seems to be a bit lokced up. It is just on my left side though. Could this be a side effect of the steroids, or could it be another relapse?? I sure hope not.

Thank you to everyone.
            Diagnosed Feb. 2011

Comment

Working...
            X