Question, getting my claim docs together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, getting my claim docs together

So, I understand the 30% minimum IAW the VASRD. Does this cover disabilities that have resulted because of the MS? For example, I get the MS 30% but I have some damage from my last attack and have reduced function in my hand. Does this count as another claim or does it get rolled into my 30%?

From what I was told that that type of thing is a secondary issue and will/can add to the percentage, same as depression, hand numbness, eyesight problems. Others here most likely have more experience and can tell you better. One guy in our support group is listed as 140% based on his ms sx,he is totally blind in one eye, confined to a wheel chair, no use of his legs what so ever etc etc, still I'm not sure how you can be more than 100 % disabled.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Hey Scooter, actaully it really doesnt matter if you are morethan 100% with the VA, cause all they will pay you is 100% max. plus keep in mind if you are 60% disabled and then get another say another 50% for something else that adds upto 80 percent to the VA in there math

60% disabled leaves you 40% healthy so 50% of 40% healthy gives you another 20% to add on your 60% disablity leaving you at 80& disabled. makes sense i'm sure it doesnt but they use Goverment math lol... I am sure some people will want to question this logic and if you do just call 1 800 827 1000 thats the VA's number and you can hear this logic from the hores mouth

Comment

I got screened once when I got DX'd and they rated me at 85% for MS and a bad eye (ON). Also had weakness in my right side at the time but I walked into the exam and walked out again.
        Then again, my crainial MRI was pretty much a slam dunk for MS. I'm not sure if they use lesion size and location when they come up with a %?

Comment

SO BOB ARE YOU RATED AT 90% PERCENT OR DO YOU HAVE OTHER RATES THAT PUT YOU AT 100%?

Comment

JAGSSG- here is a web site that I found and it has some sample claim forms youcan takea look at.

http://www.disabledveterans.org/cate...-compensation/
            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by lovejoy View Post
              SO BOB ARE YOU RATED AT 90% PERCENT OR DO YOU HAVE OTHER RATES THAT PUT YOU AT 100%?
              As far as I know, I'm at 85%.
              I'm keeping this stuff simple for myself. Its not like I'm happy with a high number. I'd rather be back at 0% and making a good buck as an engineer.
              As it is, the VA provides my Drs. and meds and I get enough of a (non service connected) pension to get by.

Comment

as you know 85 is rouned up to 90 as far as pay is concerned and with the VA disabilty rating you can still work a fulltime JOB unless you are classified unemployable

Comment

Would rather have my health back but i dont , had a 100grand plus job but i dont so if the goverment says i am entitled to something and i know that i have earned it i will be there like a dog on a pork chop or a fly on poop

Comment

Originally posted by lovejoy View Post
                    as you know 85 is rouned up to 90 as far as pay is concerned and with the VA disabilty rating you can still work a fulltime JOB unless you are classified unemployable
                    That's true for a service connected pension. I don't get a service connected pension.
                    I get a non-service connected pension which is a lot less and I'm not allowed to work or earn anything considered as extra income.
                    I also get all my treatment and meds free so it all balances out.

Comment

Well I took my PHA/Physical yesterday, let the MEB/PEB process begin

After speaking w/ the Physician Asst. and one of the attys I work w/ (a retired O-6 JAG would worked w/ PDES as a DA CIV) I am going to hold off on my VA claim until I can knock out the PEB.

Apparently, one of the common questions asked is whether or not you've filed a claim & I don't want to give the PEB any ammo to not retain me I'll jus file after the PDES process is complete

Comment

hey Jaggs, as far if the hand is rolled into the ms it all depends, look at section 38 of the VA thats what they use to determine claims, its only about 2000 pages i was shocked when it was showed to me thats why i recomened using the PVA or someone who knows the VA... ssdi is easier than VA lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X