Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscles contraction and pain in the uterus

Hi Everyone

its been awhile since i was here but I'm hoping that the ladies in this forum can help with some much needed advice

i'm been going through a nasty flare up for almost 2 weeks now, most of the symptoms are loss of sensation from the lower back all the way down to the feet

i don't have any sensation in my private parts, i've taken the solumedrol IV for 5 days already finished last saturday.

this week things have gotten worse. all my private part muscles seems to be always contracted and tense... i feel like every muscle in my uterus is being stretched and stretched all the way up to my belly. i even have vaginal bleeding now

has anyone ever experienced this? if so what advice can you provide to help ease the pain the stretching

i've been trying to reach my dr to get their advice but haven't been able to get a hold of anyone

Thank you everyone in advance for your advice

More than once, I've had a Solu-Medrol series knock my hormones out of whack and start my period, with all of the usual effects including cramps. Until you can get in touch with your doctor, you might try treating the pain like a really bad case of cramps and see what happens. For me that's ibuprofen (which works well on muscle pain) and a heating pad. (If you're heat sensitive, you'll have to be careful to try to keep the rest of your body cool.) If you have any muscle relaxers, you could try those, too. I hope you can reach your doctor and start feeling better soon.

Comment

I've had exacerbations hit me like that. My GYN and my neuro have told me you can have spasms and spasticity in the pelvic floor,just like you can have it anywhere. I've had those muscles so spasmed I can't make them move ( not too be too graphic..but I couldn't have done a kegel because just like an unresponsive leg or arm, the muscle signal doesn't get through.)

I don't do solumedrol, so my problems with these symptoms aren't linked to the steroids.

solution, pop extra spasm med or spasticity med, and as redwings said, heat is always a big help.

These symptoms have always resolved post exacerbation, so here's hoping they ease up quickly.

Comment

hi

thank you everyone for your reply

its been a crazy week, the pain got so bad i ended up being in the hospital and now my dr prescribed lyrica to help with the spasms...

things are abit better but not much, and to make life more fun my operation got moved up to next week so hoping it goes well and doesnt flare up my MS more than it already is

hoping things go well

Comment

I've gotten those pains off and on over the years. Nobody could ever figure out what it was. They can get pretty intense. Warning* details* follow.

Sometimes it feels like the cervix is clamping down and radiates a deep aching pain into the groin. Other times, it feels like menstrual cramps when my cycle isn't due. Then there was the time the entire area, abdominals, internals and all, went into spasm at the same time while I was driving to the neurologists office. LOL Talk about a joy ride - not!

I've asked several doctors about them over the years and they all agree that pain referral pattern is a gyn organ pain. It's either ovarian cysts (which have a different pain location when they rupture) or muscle spasms from the female organs.

I realize I'm a little late to this thread, but I hope you've gotten some relief and your surgery went well with no unexpected surprises.
          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
          X